Whittling anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Skills' started by n8reimers, Jan 6, 2013.

1. n8reimers

n8reimers Scout

Blog Posts:
    Anyone out there whittle? Here's some stuff I've made. Some owls and a turtle.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Looker

Looker Guide

Blog Posts:
    If you go to "Community" at the top of the page and then select "Groups", you'll find that we have a whittler's group established. Feel free to join, you'll find many of us there who share your interest!

Looker

3. Diptothewoods

Diptothewoods Tracker

Blog Posts:
    i absolutely love whittling. favorite pass time by far

4. TowerMonkey

TowerMonkey Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I too enjoy whittling, I try to find time to do it at least on the weekends, my son, who is 7, recently asked for his first knife to whittle with. I got in the dresser and dug out an old trapper knife that my dad had handed down to me. It was a great moment, we sharpened it up, I taught him a few different strokes and how to hold a knife properly. Within a few minutes he was doing great, being ever so careful not to slip..... then, he slipped, and like that, his first cut. Not a bad cut, just a knick really. He learned so much that day, and I was never more proud to be his dad then when I was washing the blood off his finger, and handing his knife back to him, asking him what he had learned.