Although the administrators and moderators of Bushcraft USA will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and Bushcraft USA, LLC, will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Bushcraft USA reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
1. Usernames/Avatars: Please do not use a business name or logo as a username or avatar. The ONLY exception to this rule is if you purchase and maintain a Vendor membership. Also remember that people will use this as a way to reference you so please use names that people can pronounce. No offensive usernames or avatars will be tolerated. Any user name deemed to be likely to offend or give cause for argument or divisions on the board will be summarily banned.
2. Advertising and Self-Promotion: No advertising or self-promotion will be allowed on the open forum. If you make or sell goods or have the intent of selling goods in the future you may not post those items here on the forum even if the item is not listed for sale. For example, if you currently sell or plan to sell a “widget” on ebay, a gunshow, another website, brick and mortar store, etc. you are prohibited from listing that widget on this forum without the appropriate subscription. Please see the subscription list for the one that best meets your needs. If you sell goods anywhere else it is not OK to list them here to “share with those who are like-minded” even if you do not list it for sale, this will be seen as indirect advertising and will be removed. You may not link to blogs or other websites without providing content in this forum. It is permissible to link to a blog if you also repost all of the content here as well otherwise the post will be deleted. Posting a youtube video is OK but if your sole purpose for coming here is to promote your channel those posts will be deleted.
3. Vendor-Hobbyist Classifieds and Supporter's Trade Blanket: No buying, selling or trading is allowed except in the Vendor-Hobbyist Classifieds or Supporter's Trade Blanket forums and require the proper subscription. To use our sales forums you must upgrade your account by clicking on the "Upgrade Account" link at the top of the forums. Vendors and Hobbyists may sell via the Vendor-Hobbyist Classifieds. Supporters may sell, buy, or trade via the Supporter's Trade Blanket but sales are limited to used personal gear and does not include gear that is bought or handcrafted specifically for sale or resale (example: You have a used knife in your personal collection that you don't want anymore and would like to sell it.
4. Be Respectful: On this forum we have plenty of disagreements but rudeness will not be tolerated.
5. Offensive Material: No nudity, profanity, or sexually oriented pictures or videos.
6. Illegal activity: All discussions of any illegal activity will be deleted immediately and the user will be banned.
7. Relevance: This is a topic oriented forum, please try to keep the discussions relevant. Like most forums, trolls are banned. Politics and religious discussions have no place on this bushcraft forum.
8. Uploading/Sharing Images to Messages: Message image uploads are limited in size to 800x600. The system will resize them to a maximum 800 pixels on their longest edge, if you upload larger images. Alternative image hosting services such as Flickr and Photobucket are available, as well as hosting on BushcraftUSA.com, with the appropriate membership. By sharing images on this site you are also granting Bushcraft USA permission to share and repost those images on our related social media accounts. Every attempt will be made to assign appropriate credit to the original author.9. Sub-forum Rules: Additional rules may be found under the individual forums and sub-forums throughout the directory.
10. Once an account is created neither the account nor the posts under the account may be deleted. Posting content on an internet forum for anyone to read implies that you give consent to make the information public, is not copyrighted and becomes the property of the forum. Requests of this nature will not be honored under any circumstances by the administrators.
BCUSA Hobbyist Rules (Hobbyist membership required)
1. You may only sell items that you currently have made and are ready to be sold.
2. You may NOT solicit requests for custom items or orders that are not yet complete.
3. If you would like to solicit business, "poll" the membership for feedback of future products or anything other than selling your current inventory of products, you will need a full Vendor membership. Vendor membership rules are listed below.
4. You may not use an ongoing sale thread to sell your items continuously, they must be listed once and then a new thread must be made once they have been sold. This membership is strictly to be used as a method to post a classified style ad for an existing item.
5. You may NOT continue to sell via a thread posted as a hobbyist once your hobbyist membership expires.
6. Repeated bumping of threads will not be tolerated. One or two "bumps" is OK, if you keep bumping the thread to continually keep your items on the top of the page we will remove the ad.
7. Final interpretation of the above rules will be left up to the discretion of the moderators of the forum.
BCUSA Vendor Rules (Vendor membership required)
1. You may make a reference by way of a link to your BCUSA vendor forum if a member makes a post asking about a product you happen to sell. For example if the member asks “where can I buy a good knife?” you may link to a thread or post in your forum describing the knives you sell. Please do not revive old threads for this purpose only, if a thread has been inactive for more than one month consider it off limits.
2. If a member asks a specific question (such as specs, price, availability) about your particular product then you may address that question in the open forum. This only applies if the question is regarding your specific product.
3. In the event that a member posts a complaint about your products or service in the open forum you may resolve the issue in public if you so choose in order to defend your business. Our preference however is that complaints should be brought to the vendors in private before using the open forum.
4. Your products may be shown in a trip report or similar thread, but only if it is not the subject of your post, picture or video. The BCUSA staff will remove any information that does not adhere to this rule.
5. Final interpretation of the above rules will be left up to the discretion of the moderators of the forum.