100% Wool cargo/military pants in 48x36?

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by moab, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:31 AM.

1. moab

moab Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Anybody know where I can find a pair? Maybe in OD or brown? Grey even would be fine.

I found these. But as you can see I'm a big guy. http://www.ccsutlery.com/store/sh-p...ctr=wool cargo pants&__utmv=-&__utmk=50821417 These don't come long enough. 2 inches short. No OD Green which I prefer. (They do have grey and brown which is fine too.) But they are also $150 plus shipping once I add my size and lining. I barely spend that much on a jacket let alone a pair of pants. Yes. I know they'll last a lifetime.

I noticed Swiss military wool pants in almost my size. Wondering if there is a place that sells them in my size. I've found prices for wool pants ranging from $20 to even $80. Which is actually fine. But I'd like to spend $50. Maybe I'm old and it just seems like $150 is to much for a pair pants. But I just can't bring myself to spend that much.

I know I peruse thrift stores all the time. But these are a tough size to find. Worse comes to worse I'll try to talk my mother into sewing me a pair. Can't be that hard to find a pattern for a pair of cargo pants and adapt them to thick wool.

2. tomcfitz

tomcfitz Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Varustekala or something like that has tons of military surplus wool stuff. Though I'm not sure you'll find any military stuff in a 48 waist. I doubt many people of that size make it past boot camp... I'm only a 38 waist and I bet it would kick my ass.