2013 meet up

Discussion in 'South Carolina' started by twoshotc, Aug 5, 2012.

1. twoshotc

twoshotc Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    I live in the southern part of Spartanburg and I spend a good deal of time in the Sumter NF, Enoree District. I hunt and have camped there for many years, mostly along the Tyger, Enoree and Broad Rivers. The Chief Ranger does not understand the concept of parking a vehicle at the end of a FS road and walking a mile or so and setting up a camp. On the other hand, she will quickly issue a permit if you say that you are going on the Palmetto trail from one spot to another.
    There is a nice NF campground with restrooms that sometime work along the Broad River. There is also a Group Camping area there. If you have several folks to sign up, sanitation needs to be considered in selection an area to camp. The NF is a large place but it is full of deer hunters during the season. It can be crowded in April turkey season. I have done some walkin camping to turkey hunt but I had to do some talking to the Ranger ( who did not understand the concept of camping/turkey hunting). March is probably the best month to plan and outing but realizing that the weather is uncertain--hot or very cold or rainly. The weather just make things more interesting.
    Just my 2cents worth. Good luck on getting the meet up together
    Twoshotc aka charles

2. twoshotc

twoshotc Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Gentlemen, I am sorry for not knowing that you had established a date and location for a get together in OCT. Maybe the infor will be useful in the future. The Enoree District is about a 45 minute to an hour west of Columbia.
    twoshotc

3. Kimber45guy

Kimber45guy Scout Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    No worries. We will be discussing a meet for next year in october. If youd like to show up in October just let me know. Be glad to have ya