1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

5C's + w/ The Hidden Woodsmen Haversack.

Discussion in 'Wilderness, Water & Woods Trading' started by happyjackotter, Jan 14, 2017.

1. happyjackotter

happyjackotter Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I bought a The Hidden Woodsmen Haversack and turned it into an essentials gear pack. What do you think?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. aaronu

aaronu Armchair Bushcrafter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    I know this is an older thread, but... I think that's pretty awesome actually. I have to wonder how it carries with the blanket weight added to a full haversack.

3. GoKartz

GoKartz Sharpaholic Supporter

Blog Posts:
    That is a pretty nice set up. I'm not a haversack fan personally, but that's a cool looking set up.

4. crewhead05

crewhead05 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    If it works for you then awesome! I believe for me i would prefer to share that much weight and bulk over two shoulders.

5. aaronu

aaronu Armchair Bushcrafter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    For the last 7 years I've used a Red Oxx Air Boss for weekly air travel. Agreed it's not for everyone but I've gotten used to it. I wouldn't want to hike with that much weight on a shoulder strap, but I could if I had to. And I bet @happyjackotter's setup weighs a lot less than the 30 pounds I've been carrying. :)

happyjackotter and bacpacjac like this.
  6. happyjackotter

happyjackotter Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    It does carry well. A wider strap would be a bit better to spread out the load. I normally put the heavier items in a back pack and keep my go to items and tools in The Haversack. This was more of an example of simplicity of kit. Everything you need in one small package.

aaronu likes this.