87days Alone By Zachary Fowler (87 DAYS ep. 1 )

Discussion in 'Media Forum' started by Fowler, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Winterhorse

Winterhorse Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I am really impressed with your skills and ingenuity sir! Thank you so much for taking the time to show us the thought process behind your skills and techniques.

2. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Tried to diversify and it could only do its fishing thing as long as it was not to windy out so it really only was out fishing for a total of 18 days or something the rest of the time it just blew back in.

3. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    ya i wouldn't leave home without it.

4. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Rafts are kind of wet and they are already wet enough and cold most of the time. Greg Managed one on season 3 got to wet and ended up phoning it in. But that wasn't the Rafts fault. As far as i have Seen nobody has made a boat payoff In any of the seasons along. José caught a fish From his boat But got dumped And phone didn't So was that really worth it Even if he got more fish then what we saw.

Winterhorse likes this.
  5. Bad Little Falls

Bad Little Falls Guide

Blog Posts:
    Good points. The location would have input on raft or not. I keep seeing drift logs on the beach. When speaking of a raft I don't mean a light craft. I'm looking as 8' by 16' or bigger. Even if it was tied to the bank like your dock. It could function as a warf, get you out a little closer and maybe fish would hold up under it. Yes I know tides would wreak havoc with such a thing. Its worst than a chess game, so many option after three moves. I wouldn't rule it out. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be making some skin of frame boat like we have seen on a few occasions. Its not that I wouldn't like one, but time....... how to invest your time in such a case?

Fowler likes this.
  6. GotTheCrohns

GotTheCrohns Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for doing this Fowler.

I wish the top 3 from each season would follow your lead.

Winterhorse and Fowler like this.
  7. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Would be nice but A lot of these guys don't try to get on Alone because their social ;)

8. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Primitive Fish Trap "S.S. Sparrow" Catches fish and Building the Winter Shelter (87 DAYS Episode 6)

Video Link>>

9. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Luke Soderling Survived 60 day to Win The Wheel On Discovery Awesome Interview (87 DAYS Episode 7)

Video Link>>

Luke lets me shoot a coffee cup of his head :) with my slingshot!

bacpacjac and Seacapt. like this.
  10. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    8 Alone Hacks & Interview with Jim And Ted Baird Winners of History's Alone season 4 (87 Days ep. 8)

Video Link >>

11. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Trailer For "How to sharpen your knife and tools without a sharpening stone (87 days episode 9)"
    VIDEO Link >>

12. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Fowler's Keynote Speech at 2017 Denver Self Reliance Expo (My 87 days on History's Alone season 3)

crewhead05, HP500 and Jameson like this.
  13. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    How to Keep a Fire Going For 50 days The way I did in Patagonia on Alone (87 days episode 10)

Video Link >>

14. TJC44

TJC44 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Fowler,
    When you made the Duckhunter 3000 (V2)(Maine), How long did it actually take to build?
    The shovelaxe was a great tool!

15. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    THe frist one only took a day but i played around with the design the hole time i was there.

16. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Sorry i Haven't been around a lot of late been traveling a bunch but thats dune for this year at least so you should see more of me in here from now on.

This is Jami story of her time without me neither of us could've predicted The way it turned out to be harder. It's kind long And their are pictures and video clip that go along with her and I sitting around talking But it can also be just listen to as if it was a podcast. I use YouTube Red I don't know if you guys use that But it allows you turn your phone off and listen to stuff On YouTube as if it was a podcast or audiobook As well as download Videos to watch off-line. #Not paid advertisement Just awesome for anybody who lives off Grid.

Jami had her own struggle to face Alone in a yurt in the Maine wood while razing two kids while i Survived out in Patagonia unreachable for 87 days. We did everything together up till the day i had to leave Jami and my 2 daughters on the side of the highway with broken car waiting for a tow. I was scheduled to embarq on a journey that would last for 87 day of no contact with my wife Jami and the girls. Little did either of us know at the time of my frustratingly difficult departure that She would have to face the grater battle. Finding her self carless and living off Grid in a Yurt Farm in the Maine wood with the closets family days away. No power no running water and the summer days just then getting hot enough to drive you out of the yurt till evening. She was a practiced hand at feeding the animals and taking care of the family as long as nothing broke. But thats not the reality of living off Grid something needed fixing daily and with out her husband that burden would fall all on her shoulders. It is not an enviable task to be a Mother razzing 2 kids off grid in a 12 foot yurt while your husband is of chasing his dreams. And neither of them thought she would have to do it Alone for 87 days.

LarryB, Mick Badgero, Jameson and 2 others like this.
  17. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    The First Primitive Trap I built out there was a Spike pit and i added a large log deadfall trap to the mix to increase lethality. Lets build it. Right from the moment i arived in Patagonia there was plenty of evidence of boar. The game trails were everywhere. But one spot stuck out to me As I hike up the hillsideThat most of the trails and area were funneled through. So that first weekend in I made a spike pit trap. I dug it about 2 feet deep and lined the bottom with bamboo punji sticks. But fearing that was not enough Later I added a tripod That can support the weight of a large deadfall Which I rigged to the trigger system That could drop The large log On any unsuspecting animal fell into the trap. As far as primitive traps go It was quite lethal. More often than not You have to set a lot of primitive traps just to catch one Animal. So by combining the primitive deadfall pit spikes with a With a primitive track trigger system that released a large deadfall onto the punji stick pit victim doubled my chances of lethality. As well as keep me busy and having fun since you cant legally build and operate a trap like this in Maine.

HP500 and alukban like this.
  18. bacpacjac

bacpacjac Queen of the Cups Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    We're really digging this series, @Fowler. It's great family tv for us. Thanks so much!

19. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    On Alone Season 3 the History made a very clear distinction between the apposing survival Techniques Of Dan Wowak and I. This is the interview I filled months ago with Dan. Now you can hear his side of things about his 51 days surviving alone.

HP500, alukban and Jameson like this.
  20. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

Turkey Cooked Over Wood Fire Smoked and Roasted In The Bush (87 days episode 15)

Video Link>>

HP500, alukban, TJC44 and 1 other person like this.
  21. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Paiute Deadfall Trap Verses the Figure 4 Deadfall Trap (87 days episode 16)

HP500 and alukban like this.
  22. dub

dub Guide

Blog Posts:
    I will say that you and @IA Woodsman totally sold me on the Cold Steel Special Forces shovel. I was splitting wood with mine a couple of weeks ago. I used it so much around camp that my buddy bought one as soon as we got back. One of the best multi-use tools I've ever owned.

Fowler and IA Woodsman like this.
  23. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:

HP500 likes this.
  24. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts:
  25. Fowler

Fowler Scout

Blog Posts: