1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Alpaca blanket

Discussion in 'Sleep Systems' started by Poeschel, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Poeschel

Poeschel Scout

Blog Posts:
    i know some of you have these blankets from alpaca for less. Any reviews, comments, pics? How about the rolled up size? Warmth? Thanks guys.

2. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
  3. tomme boy

tomme boy Scout

Blog Posts:
    I like the one I have. I have the queen mil one. It is not that heavy. I have French mil one it is WAY heavier. But the alpaca one is soft as a fleece blanket

Harper likes this.
  4. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    It sounds like you're warming up to Alpaca.

As I recall, you weren't too impressed with your new blanket at first--it kind of surprised me.

5. tomme boy

tomme boy Scout

Blog Posts:
    Not sure how warm it is as I am house bound due to a surgery. But I am just not too sure on how it will hold up. I like it. But I feel that the French one is made better.

Harper likes this.
  6. ineffableone

ineffableone Guide

Blog Posts:
    I have had a queen sized Military Banedritas for several years and love it. It is as warm or slightly warmer than my Hudson Bay 4 pt blanket, but softer less bulky and lighter.

Something to note, these are not 100% alpaca, but 50/50 blend alpaca and merino wool. Which is part of why they are still reasonably priced. A 100% alpaca blanket like these would be twice or more the price. Though I have yet to find a good quality 100% alpaca blanket that is designed for more rugged use like the Banedritas. Most pure alpaca blankets seem designed for indoor use only. I do hope to eventually find a good quality 100% alpaca blanket though.

rsnurkle and Harper like this.