Anyone here with any TV experience?

Discussion in 'Media Forum' started by HP500, May 29, 2019.

1. HP500

HP500 Guide

Blog Posts:
    I know some members here have been on Alone and possibly some other shows. I'm curious to know what your experience was like and if you would do it again. I'd also really like to know what the selection process was like.

The reason I'm asking is because one of the Forged in Fire casting associates saw my Instagram page and asked me to apply for the show. I'm sure they reach out to hundreds of people, so it's probably not that big of a deal.

I haven't decided if I will apply yet, so if anyone has any information about this process, I would greatly appreciate it !

2. Glenn Rowe

Glenn Rowe aka Ventura Knife Guy Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Southern by birth; Southern Californian by Choice
    I was contacted by Castaways (ABC), and was seriously considering it. Then I spent a full night dreaming about it. I pay attention to my dreams, particularly when they're repetitive, so I contacted them the next morning and withdrew from consideration.

If Forged in Fire does things like Castaways did, you'll be contacted and interviewed fairly extensively for background, experience, suitability, "interesting-ness" and etc. They may ask for several photographs of you. There will be a group telephone interview which, if you pass, will result in an in-person interview, etc. There is all sorts of paperwork, disclaimers, waivers, hold-harmless agreements, and such.

But that's just the way Castaways did it.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    central joe, polar bear and HP500 like this.
  3. slysir

slysir Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have decades of T.V. experience...mostly laying on the couch or in my recliner. :cool:

-John

4. samexplores

samexplores Scout

Blog Posts:
    Forged in fire is probably pretty easy/streamlined. If you contact Timberlee tool and trade on instagram, there's a good chance brad richardson will give you what he knows. Brad was on alone with me, and forged in fire this season. He's a nice guy

5. HP500

HP500 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Cool, thanks Sam!

polar bear and Mick Badgero like this.
  6. DixiePreparedness

DixiePreparedness Hobbyist Hobbyist Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    No shows, but I have done plenty of interviews while I was fire/EMS and when running for office.

Just be yourself.
    Talk to whomever like anyone else, and speak to the camera guy not the audience. Talking to one person is easier than a group.

When I do my YT vids, I imagine just talking to the 3 or 4 people that will be actually watching it. LOL

ReallyBigMonkey1 and HP500 like this.