Anyone with spa treatment experience?

Discussion in 'Adventure Sworn Bushcraft Co.' started by manacake, Nov 7, 2018.

1. manacake

manacake Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Wondering what the process is like and if what I'm seeing is normal.

I submitted an online form request to have my knife checked out, the scales are separating away from the tang at both the butt and up at the heel. I received a reply from Amber stating to send it in for spa treatment, and she attached the form to the email. I filled it out, and sent the knife in to the address on the form.

I got delivery confirmation that it was delivered 12 days ago on 10/26. I have since not heard back from anyone at AS, and I have sent two emails, one as a reply to Amber directly, and another one through the info request form on the website.

I have checked my spam folder and nothing. Is this how it works? TIA

Winterhorse and RI Chevy like this.
  2. mauiarcher

mauiarcher Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    They are very busy....it has been my experience they do eventually get back to you. IMO they offer the Spa tx as a great service to their customers at a minimal cost. I have seen other manufacturers eliminate it or raise their prices exorbitantly. Additionally, Adventure Sworn turns theirs around relatively quickly IMO. I wont name the manufacturer (but a another very popular on this forum) where I waited several months to get my knife back from a SPA tx.

If it were me, I would just sit back and wait another week (I know not what you want to here) and not send additional emails which I believe causes additional wait for all. I have replied within minutes of receiving an email (thinking they may be on the CPU) but still days to respond. They do have a new live chat on their web site occasionally that you may want to consider but I haven't seen them on for a while.

I am sure it will work out. Good luck

Winterhorse, RI Chevy and Aaron600rr like this.
  3. Andy 315

Andy 315 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I was gonna say with multiple moves things have been sluggish.

Winterhorse and RI Chevy like this.
  4. Kona9

Kona9 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I get they are busy, but you are actually asking for warranty work to be done, not a spa treatment. I would be upset as well if I didn’t get any confirmation from them. I’d be persistent.

RI Chevy likes this.
  5. manacake

manacake Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the comments, I guess I was hoping it would be a little more involved. Deer season opens a week from Monday. I was just hoping I might have it back by then. Maybe that was wishful thinking.

RI Chevy likes this.
  6. Kyle363

Kyle363 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I’ve only ever had to send one knife to the spa to have the scandi grind fixed it was a quick turn around but they was before they were pumping out hundreds of custom orders. Cody and the team will take care of you it just might take a little longer than expected. @EldestFreeman had recently some blades in for work. Maybe he can provide some insight.

RI Chevy and Aaron600rr like this.
  7. EldestFreeman

EldestFreeman instagram.com/freeman.goes.wild Supporter

Blog Posts:

I have a lot of experience with sending in knives for work. Everything from spa treatments to having matching firesteels done or kydex. There are times when the turn around is very fast (two weeks is probably the quickest, which I think is a fantastic turn around time) ranging to 2 months in some cases. Really depends on their work load. I dont have any insight as to how their company functions or their logistics, and I wont speculate, but their customer service is absolutely top notch. They are very kind and will bend over backwards to do anything they can to take care of their customers. Communication though is a major issue. There are times that I get a response in hours or minutes. There are times where I just don't hear back from them for weeks. Or at all on certain topics. They know its an issue for them and it's been addressed in the past. That is just about all I know.

I cut them a lot of slack because of my positive experiences with them, and how well they take care of me when I have an issue. I have a lot of trust in them although I know the communication is a struggle most of the time.

I dont have a lot of experience sending in knives to other companies, so I cannot really compare, but I have also heard of other popular makers in the community taking upwards of 6 months to a year to get a knife back from warranty work. I won't name names, but they're a very popular one. I was shocked when I read that horror story thread. By comparison, AS works at light speed.

The first couple times I experienced what you're going through, I was very annoyed. But now I know when I send a knife out, I won't be seeing it for a while. Sending a knife out with that mindset lessens the sting of the wait. lol.

-Jason

RI Chevy, Aaron600rr and rcwells like this.
  8. Kyle363

Blog Posts:
    You can always do what Jason does and buy like 30 Adventure Sworn blades so he always has at least one.

9. rcwells

rcwells Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have sent three in to them at different times and had fairly quick turnaround, a couple weeks or so, but as stated above that was before they started on all these huge custom orders.
    Patience is something I’ve learned through dealing with AS but they always come through. You’ll get it back no doubt, it’s just a question of when.

10. Andy 315

Blog Posts:
    Ha. No joke.

RI Chevy and EldestFreeman like this.
  11. EldestFreeman

Blog Posts:
    Now with these new scales coming?.... I've been working on getting a new Jeep for about 2 years now. These custom orders have.... set me back a bit... Man, I need to hit the lottery.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 3:41 PM
    RI Chevy likes this.
  12. Andy 315

Blog Posts:
    No wonder they are nice to you. You bought Cody and Amber that new Jeep you wanted

godshippy, RI Chevy and EldestFreeman like this.
  13. Andy 315

Blog Posts:
    Missed the new scales being released. Do tell

14. EldestFreeman

Blog Posts:
    Definitely made a few mortgage payments for them, I'd imagine. Or payed for all that new machinery they acquired to pump out more knives. Looks like adventure sworn fans around the world should buy me a beer. Or 6. I'm not counting.

godshippy and RI Chevy like this.
  15. EldestFreeman

Blog Posts:
    Check their IG. Sloan is making these absolutely BEAUTIFUL poured resin materials that they are going to me using on their knives going forward. I'm VERY fired up about it.

RI Chevy likes this.
  16. Andy 315

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the info. And yeah you may deserve a beer or two. Not sure where in upstate NY you are but I am in Syracuse.

17. EldestFreeman

Blog Posts:
    About an hour and a half south of you outside of Binghamton.

RI Chevy likes this.
  18. RI Chevy

RI Chevy Scout

Blog Posts:
    Just curious how the knives look when they do come back? Anyone do any before and after photos?

EldestFreeman likes this.
  19. Andy 315

Blog Posts:
    Oh. Too funny my wife is from the castle Creek area.

RI Chevy likes this.
  20. EldestFreeman

Blog Posts:
    No photos here. But I've sent in a beater or two that came back literally looking new. They do a great job imo.

RI Chevy likes this.
  21. Kyle363

Blog Posts:
    Mine wasn’t any sort major work so I didn’t bother taking a before. They reflattened the scandi grind on my walker. When it came back the bevels were nice and shinny. Thought that they would’ve polished up the handle but I didn’t ask for it so it I understand why they didn’t.

RI Chevy likes this.
  22. RI Chevy

RI Chevy Scout

Blog Posts:
  23. godshippy

godshippy Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Like everyone says...you just gotta wait it out. They sent out e-mails and notices that they are behind in their communication. As long as you've got delivery confirmation, then I'd say you're golden. Just gotta be patient...the most excruciating and difficult part of the whole thing!

rcwells and RI Chevy like this.
  24. BillyIdol

BillyIdol Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    A0A32D52-219E-465A-8EE5-3F4449B03696.jpeg 3B883480-CD42-4126-989A-8F4E6B0E5CFB.jpeg I would just wait it out. I had warranty work done before. Relax. They will make it right. If the scales are separating from both ends, you might in for a wait. I imagine they would fix it and then watch it for a couple of weeks to make the sure the repair works. I had an issue with my classic ram horn. They will make it right. Plus the move. They are awesome.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 4:14 PM
    rcwells, Aaron600rr and RI Chevy like this.
  25. Aaron600rr

Aaron600rr Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Gorgeous knife!

Kal.B and RI Chevy like this.
  26. BillyIdol

BillyIdol Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Aaron!

RI Chevy, Aaron600rr and Kal.B like this.