Appendix carry?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Knifeguy510, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Anthonysaudiojournal

Anthonysaudiojournal Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have had my gun fall out of my holster accidently only time, back when I carried my S & W 642 in an IWB holster without a top strap. While sitting down at a restaurant I leaned over to pick up my napkin and it simply squeezed out the top and plopped right down on the carpet right at the waitress's feet. I had some serious splaining to do.

My worst one was when I unholstered my duty weapon and set it on the top shelf in my locker while I went to work out. When I opened my locker again it fell out from about head height, spun around hitting the wood bench, did another sommersault and landed square on the backstrap on the hard tile floor pointing right at my partner who dove out of the way. Thank God for Glock 22 and their firing pin safety, whew !!!!, dodged a bullet that day.

Guy, JeffG, woodsranger and 1 other person like this.
  2. Richinva

Richinva Lover of Sharpened Bits of Steel... Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Appendix carry?

Not for me, but some people like it, and that's fine by me.

I believe someone has already stated, whatever works for you, do it.

Guy, c99c, Andy in NH and 2 others like this.
  3. RebelYell

RebelYell Scout

Blog Posts:
    Nope, not for me. Personally never been a fan. Tried toting a S&W 36 that way in the 70’s, but never warmed up to it. My preference for the past thirty + years is a good quality leather OWB open top pancake holster worn over right hip. Works for both revolvers and semiautos. Easy to conceal under a vest, sports coat or loose shirt, easy to quickly access and is secure. A good quality leather holster will retain the gun without a top strap and unlike hard plastic holsters, molds to my body shape without wearing holes in my clothes. My right elbow can easily drop down to prevent snatch and grab from behind.

I also drive with a car gun that is chambered in the same caliber as my carry gun on my hip, ready for instant use when driving so no issues with access while sitting in a car.

JeffG and hdbeav like this.
  4. POGEYBAIT

POGEYBAIT Guide

Blog Posts:
    Hello,all. After reading some of these posts, I felt like chiming in. First off, my opinion is that you can carry your pistol any way you want to. It’s yours, strap that thing to what ever part of your body makes you happy! .

I will add some things I have personally witnessed. I myself have had two AD’s, that’s what we called them back in the day. I’m fine with ND or what ever the current vernacular is. It’s the same no matter what you call it.

I’ve run several ranges and the gammit ran far wide when it came to shooting skills. I once had a client that I was instructing on the use of a Thompson machine gun shoot all the lights out of the range and started to turn around with their finger on the trigger, luckily for me I got my hands on the weapon quick. I digress.

I have witnessed several ND’s and most of them were from people that had a strong skill set with firearms.
    I saw a woman shoot herself in the leg at a three gun match. It’s nice having that hair trigger and all,the bells and whistles, but be careful. The biggest problem is complacency in my opinion. We are all guilty of it.

I have a very close friend who does all the high speed stuff, Ranger tabbed,on the swat team,tactical weapons instructor to name a few. He shot himself through his right butt cheek with his Glock 23, so if it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone. For the record, he hated Glocks before the unfortunate assault on his butt cheek. Lol I still dog him about it and on more than one occasion have made him show people the scar. I’ve often thought of writing a commendation about meritorious service in the face of overwhelming enemy forces at the drive through in Chic fil a.

I am a Die hard Glock supporter, I’ve been through their armorers course, have owned and shot thousands of rounds through them. I almost blew my left foot off with a .40 cal. So I would say I have a little bit of experience with the platform. I almost went to work for them a long time ago. I lived in Smyrna in the nineties and was only three miles from their facility. Glocks are great firearms, I wouldn’t hesitate to carry one at all.

That being said, you can argue appendix carry and how safe it is all day long. Would I Carry a pistol pointed at my private parts? Yes, if my life depended it, and there was no other choice to conceal it! But given my experience, there is no way in h&ll I would carry a Glock pointed at my manhood. Accidents happen, and I would much rather wrestle with my aggressor over my pistol at my hip, instead of my groin. Strong side to the rear, always!

I think a revolver would make me a little less nervous, but not an auto loader. Just my two cents.

In parting, I’ll leave you with this, I have a Sheriff buddy that had to work the jail for a year before being mandated.
    They found a loaded, and cocked North American arms derringer where the sun don’t shine on a new intake.
    So you never know, holstering one in your keester, might be the next “ Trendy” carry option.

Monteagle, checking in!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Lee C., Guy, FreeMe and 9 others like this.
  5. Gruntinhusaybah

Gruntinhusaybah Fallbrook Forge Hobbyist Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    check out http://keepersconcealment.com/ brother!

Mr. Tettnanger likes this.
  6. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Me aswell

7. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Boy they chose the wrong car to jack that day!! Lol your wepon is probably close to mine in size I have the 9 mill MnP compact 2.0 I totally understand the whole training thing Wich I knew everyone would say. I truly get it I do. I am perfectly comfortable with my ability to safely holster and draw my gun from concealment without my finger on the trigger and being careful my garment does not snag and all that. It's just the thought of it pointing somewhere it shouldn't be ya know. One of the rules of firearm safety is do not point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy!! Even an unloaded firearm shouldn't be pointed at anything you are not willing to destroy. That is drilled into new shooters heads from day one . Keep it pointed in a safe direction . Treat it as if a laser is coming from the barrel that can cut through anything in it's path I heard one instruct say!! Yet then everyone goes and points a loaded gun right at one of the most vital areas on their body.

I'm just saying Lol !! I carry there as well. Its just kinda freaks me out . I know the gun will not just fire but ... The thought is still there . It may prove too much of a distraction for me . I may have to find another method . Or much to everyone's horror not have one in the pipe !!

I am a small guy 5 foot 3 ! My wife is 6 inches taller than me lol ! Even with a IWB holster strong side hip is out of the question. It looks as if I have a brick under my shirt. Appendix is the only way it just vanishes man . So I'm kinda stuck . I think I'm better off having to chamber a round than I am not having my gun because I can't conceal it. Also I do like to wear a t shirt and a button up regularly. So I was thinking mabey a shoulder holster . But canted at a 45 degree angle or mabey a bit more that way it's not pointed at the guy behind me in line at the food truck .

Of course once this God awful season they call summer is over it won't be an issue . I hate the heat . Plus in winter I can wear a bigger gun and knife

Lee C. and JeffG like this.
  8. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Well I'll have more time to figure it out in the next few weeks . I got fired from my job today! I have been at for going on 6 years!! They decided to hire 3 ex con convicted sex offenders! So I told some of my customers to keep and eye on their children while there. I got fired for this.

Lee C. and Guy like this.
  9. Park Swan

Park Swan Maker Vendor

Blog Posts:
    That's a bummer, man. Sorry to hear it. On the bright side, you don't have to work with those folks.

10. JeffG

JeffG Guide

Blog Posts:
    Crap. What you said was reasonable. Reasonable is vanishing quickly.

Park Swan likes this.
  11. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Your are correct but still you give someone your blood sweat and tears for 5 years . Not tooting my own horn but I was their best and most reliable yard guy Wich is why I was the yard manager ! They toss me aside for a guy like that ?? It just sucks I'm a check to check guy I have no big savings account . Unemployment says it could be 3 weeks b4 they decide weather or not they even give it to me! But hey I was tired of that place ! Last time the wearhouse I worked at closed down I out my resume on line I had a new job b4 I got my first unemployment check.

Guy and JeffG like this.
  12. Ptpalpha

Ptpalpha Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    Good luck, brother. Fingers crossed that your work ethic and resume will get you back working fast.
    Just a quick note after reading through this thread: I carry aiwb in the warm season and 4:00 iwb in cool weather. G43 in the first, G19 in the second.
    In both cases I remove the pistol while driving and place it in a holster fixed on the lower console by my right leg, making a right hand draw almost automatic.
    Not only is this a comfort issue, but having to draw from either 4:00 or appendix while seated and seatbelted in a carjack situation always struck me as a serious problem.
    Your mileage may vary.

Mr. Tettnanger, Park Swan and JeffG like this.
  13. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the reply I'm sure things will work out I'm a hard worker and do not like work gossip but ... Ever since they hired those guys I have not been comfortable there . I. Not going to hold someone s past against them . Like if they are a felon or whatever but that kinda past is one I can't forgive as a father ya know . But yes it's probly Gona be mnp shield at half way between 1 and 2 o'clock Wich is where is mist comfortable for me. Then in winter the options are endless really it gets cold here so multiple layers really helps hiding things.

Ptpalpha and Park Swan like this.
  14. Park Swan

Park Swan Maker Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I like that concept. How do you deal with getting in and out of the car in public places?

15. Ptpalpha

Ptpalpha Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    Most of the time I just get out, lean into the truck and slip the holster into my waistband, but if people are around I'll do it before opening the door.
    I've noticed that if you look like you're adjusting your crotch most people look the other way, lol.

Gumbi, SavageJak and Park Swan like this.
  16. Andy in NH

Andy in NH Scout

Blog Posts:
    The appendix carry discussion always bring out the haters and the fanboys.
    As the sage once said, "You cannot handle firearms safely. You can only handle them responsibly."
    Any method of carry performed with poor technique or bad equipment can result in injury or death.
    Many people will accept a higher level of risk by carrying a gun in order to decrease the chance of being victimized by a criminal.
    Some will accept a higher level of risk with their carry method in order to gain strategic and tactical advantages not present in other methods of carry.
    To each their own!

Guy, POGEYBAIT, SavageJak and 2 others like this.
  17. RobbieinME

RobbieinME Scout

Blog Posts:
    Well said

JeffG and Andy in NH like this.
  18. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    That is well said my friend. I do believe I will most likely in summer carry AIWB without a round in the chamber. I know many will disagree and say I need to train more or have the proper equipment. I have a very decent IWB sheath not too of the line by far but a brand I'm sure many members here use. I am more than confitdent in my ability to draw my weopon from it's holster without my finger on the trigger. It's just a mental thing for me I know the gun will not just go off !! This I know but it's just the thought of where it's pointing . One of the last places you would want to be hit !!! Again I know it won't go off by itself and I can draw without touching the trigger . But we are human and we make mistakes however high we believe our skill level to be mistakes still happen.

Mechanism s malfunction due to any number of things or reasons. I know chambering a round takes more time but with training it can be done pretty fast. As far as the scenireos where I can't chamber well... That is the risk I'm willing to take I guess. There is just no way I'm pointing a loaded weapon at my boys !!! Lol. Anywhere else on my waist I'm good with it . This will only be a warm weather thing anyway. For me I feel that's better than not having a gun on me at all.

I really enjoy getting the opinions of everyone here and finding out what works for them . There is a great wealth of knowledge on this forum in Wich I am very grateful for

19. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have also tried something bone of y'all suggested I sorry I don't recall who it was but they had noticed that I had the holster vertical no can't to it. The reason strong side 3 o'clock didn't work for me was the but of the gun portruded past my side. It stuck out like a soar thumb. But if can't the holster forward it completely hides the but of the gun. Bringing it closer to my side and not sticking out beyond my back . With a tucked in T shirt and a button up it disappears! Also is Easter to draw that way. Amazing what a simple cant forward changes !! Strong side 3 o'clock is where I wanted to carry in the first place .

hdbeav and FreeMe like this.
  20. FreeMe

FreeMe Guide

Blog Posts:
    Guess I had assumed that everyone has already tried this and found it somehow lacking, compared to appendix. I've never had a problem with what is known to many as strong side "FBI" cant. Hence, never seen a need for me to try appendix carry more than briefly. I'd hope that others have at least explored all other options before settling on the one with the most extreme consequences.

21. 1911srule

1911srule Guide

Blog Posts:
    Im sure I'll get flack for this but just consider it takes what 90 seconds to bleed out with severed femoral artery??

POGEYBAIT likes this.
  22. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I'm just not willing to take that chance man . As I said mabey unchamberd but I'd rather have one in the pipe on my hip at 3 o'clock . But for certain situations and clothing combinations I may still go apendix without a round in the chamber . This would be at times when I feel the chances of me needing my wepon are slim and if the chance does come up I'll have time to chamber a round.

1911srule likes this.
  23. 11C1P

11C1P Scout

Blog Posts:
    Man I wish I knew when I would need a gun & wouldn't & also how much time I'll have to mess around before I need to fire to save my or someone else's life. That's a fine skill you've got there, gives you a BIG edge.

Andy in NH likes this.
  24. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    I'm ju
    I'm just saying say at a family cook out or something like that chances are you not Gona be confronted by a knife or something at close quarters. There are certain times of events you may be attending where the likely hood of you needing your weapon are less even more so needing so quickly that you cannot chamber a round! I'd rather have a gun on me with a loaded mag and no rou d in the chamber than no gun at all if that's what it can down to. I vet can rack the slide alot faster than I can drive home to retrieve my gun Lol ! I just can't stick a loaded in my junk man no matter how much I know it won't just go off still can't do it. I think most would agree having it without a round in the chamber is much better than not having it at all.

1911srule likes this.
  25. 1911srule

1911srule Guide

Blog Posts:
    Too each their own, no man can tell me what's best for me nor I them...

26. SavageJak

SavageJak Scout

Blog Posts:
    Search "300th parallel". It's a kind of big guy philosophy (and cheeky word play) for appendix carry. When I was working in restaurants, I was quite a bit bigger than I am now, and it helped me find a comfortable way to appendix. Still helps in certain situations, though I'm down below 240lb now.

27. outkastblast

outkastblast Scout

Blog Posts:
    I tried appendix carry, it wasn't comfortable to me at all. 3-4 o'clock seems to be the most comfortable. I've heard IWB holsters with the claw attachment can help mitigate printing regardless of position by forcing the gun closer to your torso, but I've yet to try one.

@Knifeguy510 is that a legit gun belt in your pictures? If not, definitely invest in a proper gun belt. Even stout leather can't hold up to the weight of most firearms and you get the floppies.

Additionally, I'm learning that any holster that can collapse when you remove the gun is probably not a great idea with a striker fired pistol. A kydex with some level of retention is probably your best bet, safety wise.

28. woodsranger

woodsranger Solitude Seeker

Blog Posts:
    People will do whatever they want and/or whatever works for them. What works for me is rule #1: Never point your gun at anything you do not intend to shoot." To me, this includes my own body parts as well. Because no matter how careful you might be, accidents happen.

Kinda why they're called, "accidents." :rolleyes:

1911srule and hdbeav like this.
  29. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    No it is not a proper gun belt . I do need to get one of those.

30. Glock Holiday

Glock Holiday Scout

Blog Posts:
    I IWB appendix every time I go outside. What really helps is this nexbelt EDC. 8C6A99CC-CC22-4030-AF81-ED72C7C9B8C4.jpeg F2BD93E8-9FF9-494B-9B93-9A9DEF12F485.jpeg
    It ratchets tight and loosens easily, secure and stiff for the gun but remains flexible. I can loosen it to sit comfortably and just by pressing it together, ratchet tight to walk or run.
    I carry a Sig 938 in a Remora Micro. Remora is cheap, durable and minimal. Remora makes these to fit whatever gun you have. 3DF6D612-E93E-44F7-824B-F2185B77B32B.jpeg C86E39FE-A3E3-4752-83F4-2E2F569C160A.jpeg
    I do not print. It is comfortable and secure. I can loosen this when I sit and tighten to run, adjustments are easy and super fast.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  31. FreeMe

FreeMe Guide

Blog Posts:
    So, what I think I'm seeing in this thread and elsewhere, is a lot of people (not everyone) who maybe haven't tried strong side with really good holsters and really good belts before resorting to appendix carry. My limited experience with appendix tells me that any gun that can be concealed comfortably that way can also be as well with strong side IWB. As someone else touched on, the recent popularity of appendix carry appears to be based, for many, on something other than best equipment and methods. I'm sure that it makes sense for some people in some situations, but one should make sure to not overlook other options that are, for most people, just as fast and just as discrete. Yeah, it may cost more - but should that really be a deciding factor?

I know. I'm repeating myself. I'm done.

11C1P likes this.
  32. Knifeguy510

Knifeguy510 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Last night I was experimenting with my holster and carry positions . I put it 3 o'clock strong side IWB with a forward can't and I was quite surprised at the results! When it is in that same position but no forward can't the but of the pistol sticks past my back or side and it's obvious there is something there. But with that forward can't it almost disappears! . That's with a regular leather belt . A good quality belt but not a gun belt. Next on my list is to get me one of them.

ACinSA, FreeMe and hdbeav like this.
  33. Andy in NH

Andy in NH Scout

Blog Posts:
    There is a lot of ignorance in your statements.
    You should spend some time studying the criminal assault paradigm.
    Be aware that it is the criminal who chooses the time and place to attack.
    In order to gain the advantage they choose when we least expect it and when it benefits them the most.
    Keep in mind it is not what the chances are but instead what is at stake that matters the most.
    While the probability may be low of a criminal selecting you, what is the impact of him murdering you and assaulting your loved ones?
    Two case studies you should be familiar with are William Petit and Kimberly Cates.
    Don't be lulled into the expectation that defending yourself will start on the seven yard line with the sound of the timer beeping and end with two shots to the chest and one to the head.

SavageJak and 11C1P like this.
  34. vincere

vincere Scout

Blog Posts:
    I know I’m repeating what everyone one said as well.

One in the chamber at all times. The gun won’t go off unless the trigger is pulled.

I got in an argument with my martial arts instructor about that. He was adamant in ha info enough time to chamber a round when needed. Then I showed him how fast someone e can be on you from a short distance away. It’s mind blowing at how fast someone can cover 20ish feet.

He was still adamant about never rolling with a loaded gun so I left it alone

I used to be worried about printing. Still am circumstantially, but for the most part, if I print I don’t sweat it. I’m not brandishing or being reckless when I go out, but if my shirt bunches a bit on the bit of the gun so be it. Most people don’t know what to look for.

I used to worry a lot about it and it made my day more stressful so I stopped worrying about printing. With proper holster that has been mitigated some, but what ya gonna do.

As for comfort, carrying a gun is never comfortable. Get used to it. After a while it becomes a normal feeling that you may learn to miss when you can’t carry.

Also, practice reholstering with an unloaded gun to get used to clearing your shirt and making sure you can safely re-holster your weapon.

99.999999 percent of the time, a negligent discharge is caused by, well, negligence.

Good luck and welcome to the club

35. outkastblast

outkastblast Scout

Blog Posts:
    @Glock Holiday I literally just bought the same belt last week. Well, OD green with silver brushed buckle. I love it even if I'm not carrying. I used to have a wilderness instructor belt which was also great but when nature calls in public, the noise of the velcro and the loud jingling of that heavy metal belt buckled had me looking elsewhere. Nextbelt is awesome so far.

36. woodsranger

woodsranger Solitude Seeker

Blog Posts:
    How can you quickly draw your pistol when the grip is almost completely buried in your pants? Don't you need more of that grip exposed, especially the right side where you curl your fingers around to grab it? Or do you somehow lift it with your thumb and then grasp it?

Park Swan likes this.
  37. Guy

Guy Founder Staff Member Administrator Vendor Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Same here. An SP101. No problems sitting at all, and I'm overweight.

38. Glock Holiday

Glock Holiday Scout

Blog Posts:
    That’s a good point. It is an extra step, I’ll bump it up with my left hand. Or go fish.
    I like the reassurance that nobody can see it

woodsranger likes this.
  39. 11C1P

11C1P Scout

Blog Posts:
    There are a bunch of videos on YT, UGEtube, etc. showing how guys carrying on an empty chamber got killed, hurt or someone else got killed or injured cause they were messing around trying to work the slide, especially in such a HIGH stress situation. Some people point to the fact that the Israeli special forces carry on an empty chamber. To that I say, if you train as much as them, you might be as fast as them at it, then if you train that same amount with a round in the chamber, you'll be even faster. :dblthumb:

As far as things like printing & comfort I think all new carriers are paranoid about it. When I first started carrying the law was written so that if any part of your gun was exposed it could be considered "brandishing" & get you in trouble, so there was a bit of a reason to be paranoid & get a shirt 2x bigger than you need. :mad: I tried IWB in various locations & could never get comfortable with it. At the time fanny packs were still socially acceptable, so I started carrying in one of the packs designed for carry. It didn't seem but more than about 6 months later anyone wearing one was pointed at for being either a geek or packing (or both) so I had to ditch that. I finally went with good old fashioned OWB 3 0-clock holster carry. It's also why I liked getting a shorter barrel, but longer grip, as if I reached up to get something, the longer barrel would get exposed, this happened to me a few times, once some lady asked me to get something off a high shelf for her & she saw it & kind of jumped, she decided I was either an off duty cop or under cover & told me that my "secret" was safe with her. :oops: A few incidents like that is why I prefer a G23 with a G22 magazine. Luckily a few years back they changed the wording in the law so that an accidental display of the firearm is no longer considered brandishing. In the last decade concealed & open carry has started becoming so common that I'm not as worried about flashing or printing. I think any form of carry is fine for a person, but they have to decide how practical it is, especially if they need that gun right now. Anyone who won't carry a certain way cause they are afraid they'll shoot themselves just isn't ready to carry. You've gotta wonder, what is magical about those other positions that would prevent a negligent discharge, or is it just they figure it's no big deal if they do as it won't be pointing at them? :eek:

40. Andy in NH

Andy in NH Scout

Blog Posts:
    Poor technique can be a big deal no matter what the carry method/position is.
    In the below pictures, an ND would result in significant internal injuries if not death.
    improper reholster 2 edited.jpg

holstering incorrectly.jpg

11C1P, Park Swan, FreeMe and 2 others like this.
  41. Glock Holiday

Glock Holiday Scout

Blog Posts:
    We can debate what IS the best way to conceal carry. Let’s remember everyone is different. Abdominals, guts, hips, skinny. Income, willing to spend extra dough. Training and experience.
    I AIWB and I am experienced, 5’11” @190 in my 30’s.
    I am blessed with the materials to carry well.
    I shoot well enough.
    I am comfortable and confident in my method.
    I am not out for war. I will not be the fastest to draw, but I am not expecting a dual. I use my intellect, verbal judo, and situational awareness.
    If the grid goes down, if rule of law is gone, I will carry different.
    If there’s any experienced people here, they will agree that there is no one way to do anything.

Park Swan, woodsranger and FreeMe like this.
  42. Odinborn

Odinborn BCUSA Friend Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Hello, everyone. My name is Matt and I'm an appendix-aholic.

I appendix carry most of the time (Glock 43 or Glock 19), but that is due to my comfort in drawing/holstering my firearm with my finger off the pew pew button. Everyone has an opinion, and it is 100% about what works for you. However, if I wasn't comfortable carrying with a round in the chamber in one specific position, I would never carry in that position. When you go to draw, your mind and eyes should be on your target, NOT where your muzzle and finger placement are. That all comes with lots and lots of practice.

For me, I am very comfortable with a AIWB holster between 12:30 and 1:30 when the weather is warmer and use a Crossbreed Supertuck at 3:30 when the weather is cold. It is 0% due to the level of concealment and 100% due to whether my hands are going to be cold/semi-numb when I need to draw.

As a baseline, I'm 5'7" tall and 165lbs with a 32" waist. I wear size 34 pants with a good gun belt. I think someone on here might have already said it, but don't dress around your firearm. Wear what you normally wear, unless you're part of the fad of skinny jeans and mesh shirts.

43. jstert

jstert Scout

Blog Posts:
    i prefer to keep a muzzle pointed in a safe direction until i’m shooting, so prefer a holster at either 3-4 o’clock strong side or 2-3 o’clock crossdraw weak side, or sometimes a weakside fanny pack. i’ve never become fully comfortable with semiauto pistols carried away from a shooting range so my ccw is usually a revolver or a bond arms derringer, one in the pipe is s.o.p.

Lee C. likes this.
  44. Lee C.

Lee C. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I don't know the whole deal here....but this really, really pi$$ed me off to no end hearing this. I don't know what can be done now, but I really really hope you find another job fast. It's a crying shame that this happened to you for simply speaking your mind. I pulling for you, and wish you the best of luck in getting a new job. Sorry...I know it's off topic, but what happened to you really got me hot...

FreeMe and Park Swan like this.
  45. 11C1P

11C1P Scout

Blog Posts:
  46. Brommeland

Brommeland Scout

Blog Posts:
    Range work is one thing. An adrenaline dump from a life threatening situation is quite another. It is not uncommon for persons in such a situation to undergo something called Tachy Psyche (if you've ever been in a car wreck you've probably experienced it - everything seems to go into slow motion while your mind races).

One of the side effects of Tachy Psyche is that the muscles of your hands and forearms clinch involuntarily. More than one person has discharged a handgun as soon as it cleared the holster without ever intending to do so.

Strong side carry: Results in a burned butt cheek, a possible minor flesh wound, a ruined pair of pants and a hole in the ground behind you.

Appendix carry: Results in ballistic castration, severed femoral artery, death from exsanguination.

Anyone ever hear of The Four Rules? Somebody please quote #2 for me.

47. akbound

akbound Guide

Blog Posts:
    You may well have to try multiple methods of carry before you find what works for you; I know I and most people I’ve spoken with did! You can usually shorten the process by sticking with quality gear and good training. Be careful and good luck with the process.

Andy in NH likes this.