Apple Cider Vinegar?

Discussion in 'Bush Medicine' started by Beach Hiker, Apr 17, 2019 at 7:03 AM.

1. Beach Hiker

Beach Hiker LB #42 Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    In another post, quite a few folks recommended apple cider vinegar for joint pain.
    A few questions:
    - is apple vinegar allright as well, or must it be apple cider vinegar?
    - does it work "immediately " or is it a long term thing (like turmeric)?
    -how much to take?
    And....
    If you could offer any personal stories about results that would be great.
    Thanks in advance!

2. xrayit

xrayit Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    I had major joint pain mostly in elbows and wrists. A daily dose of ACV, Turmeric, Ginger and Cheyenne pepper keeps most if not all joint pain away. Took a month or so before I actually felt an improvement but if I miss a few days (traveling for work or extended dirt time) I start to feel some joint pain creeping back into my wrists and elbows.

7 oz water
    1 oz ACV
    1/4 tsp Turmeric
    1/4 tsp Ginger
    1/4 tsp Cheyenne pepper

Harper, 2jka, Fiddlehead and 2 others like this.
  3. bluecow

bluecow Scout

Blog Posts:
    i cant speak to joint pain as every thing on me hurts. ACV dose help with digestion and over all well being. 2TBS to 8oz water, start slow with 1tbs work your way up 1 8oz water/acv once a day. it takes time to work. the apple cider vinegar needs to be unprocessed. it needs to have the "mother" in it. thats the a murky appearance you can see after the jar has set for some time.

4. Mikewood

Mikewood Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I can’t see that it does anything special at all. Not to pick a fight but drinking something nasty seems to be a way people restore general health. Medicine or whatever. Did you heal because of it or in spite of it? The thing is It certainly won’t hurt. The biggest benefit I get comes from drinking 4 quarts of water every day.

central joe and Beach Hiker like this.
  5. icemancometh

icemancometh Stuck in Suburbia Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have been taking 500mg of tumeric twice a day for about a month. Had terrible shoulder pain, self diagnosed as tendonitis. Felt tremendous relief after about 2 weeks. Pain has all but ended. I have regained full mobility in that shoulder. From what I read tumeric is just as effective as Ibuprofin for inflammation, without the side effects.

6. Seacapt.

Seacapt. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    There's a reason for the old saying " an apple a day keeps the doctor away" ACV just speeds up the digestive and other qualities of eating a whole apple. I've taken a daily morning dose of ACV since I was a kid and at 71 have no arthritic or digestive problems and that's my personal story. Two simple facts about AVC over time (1) it keeps natural stomach flora in proper balance (2) helps dissolve calcium build up on bone joints (osteo arthritis).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 8:43 AM
    Beach Hiker, Harper and Fiddlehead like this.
  7. Joezilla

Joezilla Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I don't know what it is but white vinegar is awesome for cleaning around the house. I tried it with apple vinegar and made the house stink.

Beach Hiker likes this.
  8. lefty923

lefty923 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I can attest to the white vinegar for cleaning. Our cat had a spot 3'x3' on the carpet marked out as a toilet. After cleaning it with a chemical cleaner it still stunk. I used 1 to 2 cups of WV to 1gal of hot water and scrubbed it in and let dry. Worked great. Followed that up with baking soda and let that sit for a couple days. No more smell. And cat urine is the worst.

Beach Hiker likes this.
  9. 2jka

2jka Guide

Blog Posts:
    Add some light molasses or maple syrup and that is a great switchle recipe right there.
    BTW switchle is the colonial equivalent to a sports drink.

10. Seacapt.

Seacapt. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I'll be damned, I thought only Mainers know what switchle is. When I was growing up my great grandmother made switchle from cold spring water molasses and ginger to drink while we were haying in the hot sun, I still make it occasionally for the grand kids- they love the zing of the ginger.

Beach Hiker likes this.
  11. CowboyJesus

CowboyJesus Supporter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    i can't speak to any health benefits, but, especially on a hot day, i find water with ACV to be especially refreshing. wife thinks i'm crazy, but it just satisfies my thirst!

Beach Hiker likes this.
  12. Hillbilly stalker

Hillbilly stalker Scout

Blog Posts:
    I take 2 teaspoons a day. I do it because it keeps the ticks off of me while I'm in the woods. It doesn't work for everyone, but for the majority of people it does. I started this back in 1995 and have very few ticks latch on to me. I've been told it helps with blood pressure levels also. My last Dr. Visit I had perfect blood pressure. They also make capsule form.

Beach Hiker likes this.