1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Axe Hafting And Sharpening Class. Nov 5th 2017. Ballston Lake, NY- CLASS IS FULL

Discussion in 'Adirondack Wilderness Company' started by Leif, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Leif

Leif Staff Staff Member Super Moderator Vendor Bushclass I Bushclass Instructor

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

Well with repairs to my school house shop nearly complete. Once again @backwoodsamerican (Chris Killinger) and I are scheduling another class. Let hope another falling tree doesn't cancel this one hahaha.

The class will be one day. You choose the axe head, the handle, and spend the day learning to haft with hand tools, and basic sharpening after that. Leave at the end of the day with a hafted axe with an edge.

Price: $75

Includes
    -Vintage axe head
    -Handle
    -Lunch
    -Instruction

Class will start at 9am and run until roughly 5pm give or take.

Location will be in Ballston Lake, NY

If you are traveling a distance and want to coming in the evening before, that wont be an issue. Plenty of room in the school house to crash. Fireplace to keep you warm. Dress and prepare accordingly.

Bring extra drinks or snacks for the day as you need. My wife will be making us a lunch, so that will be covered.

Bring work gloves, safety glasses, and whatever handtools you want to work with.

This is also a trade and sale friendly event. Bring your axes, or related tools and leather to showcase, or sell and trade with the group.

Contact me to get on the list. Like last time we will cap at 10 people. The roster filled in 2 days the last time, so let me know ASAP. Payment will be send to Chris, which I will provide info for.

Liability waivers will need to be signed before class begins, thank you for understanding before hand.

Send a PM here, or a direct email to adirondackwildernessco@yahoo.com

If I missed anything just ask.

GreenFrog and Keyser Söze like this.
  2. Leif

Blog Posts:
    2 slots filled

3. Leif

Blog Posts:
    3 slots filled

4. Leif

Blog Posts:
    Bump for night crew

5. Bzink

Bzink Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I Am in

Leif likes this.
  6. Leif

Blog Posts:
    4 on board

looks like 2 more want in. So 6,

7. kcardwel

kcardwel Hardwoodsman Hobbyist Supporter Bushclass III

Blog Posts:
    Man, that is a great price for a full day class like that with something to take home. Can't get any better than that!

Leif and GreenFrog like this.
  8. Leif

Blog Posts:
    Class is full up

9. Leif

Blog Posts:
    Add in the head and handle, lunch and its just an "at cost" class. Future ones might come up a little but there is no need for price gouging on this.

I similar axe class was just announced and were charging $800. Soooooooo I think we are being fair hahaha

10. oldpinecricker

oldpinecricker Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Outstanding project and price.

11. rcwells

rcwells Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Leif just saw your schoolhouse video, sorry to hear that happened but the resto is looking good.

Any knife scales gonna come out of that scrap board? I think it would be cool with some back story!

RC

12. Bzink

Bzink Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Hey Leif. I also just watched the schoolhouse video. My wife's uncle was born and raised in Bakers Mills. He attended a small 1 room schoolhouse when he was a kid and was actually the last student there. After quite a few years he ended up buying the place which had come under extreme disrepair. He was able to fix it up and now is a nice little vacation cabin. Those little schoolhouses are awesome. It must be a great workshop. I am really sorry to hear about what happened. I will be at the axe hafting class so I will see you there.