1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS - Axe heads and an evil spoon

Discussion in 'Supporter's Trade Blanket' started by LazyPK, Feb 17, 2017.

1. LazyPK

LazyPK Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have for sale a few axe heads and hatchets. I also have a knife I am selling. I am not really sure on prices on the heads so shoot me an offer. All of these will come handleless except for the hatchets. I would consider trades as well. I like any gear pretty much.

Here is a single bit plumb. Nice condition overall, I'd say. Definitely a user.
    IMG_0856.JPG

Here is a double bit plump that someone took a grinder to :(. Really just needs to be cleaned up and re handled. I have a true temper I use so don't need to refurbish this guy.
    IMG_0858.JPG

Up next is a double bit estwing, used by somebody. I would take
    $30 plus shipping.
    IMG_0861.JPG

Now we have something you don't see every day. This is a Luftwaffe spoon from WWII. It was made in 1939 and is aluminum. The spoon gives me bad vibes so away it must go. I'll take $60 for it. I have seen one exactly like it go for $90.
    IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG

Now here is a knife from Mexico. I am guessing this was made in the fifties for the tourism trade. It is etched "Mexico" on one side and the other side has a cowboy smoking a cigarette in front of a mountain scene. It's a pretty cool knife and I have only seen a few of these knives by this maker on the internet. I will take SOLD for it.
    IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0868.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG

This is a Schrade scaxe2l hatchet. It is the first hatchet I bought when I started buscrafting. It works well. The edge is good, no chips. Doesn't come with the Ferro. I'll take $30 plus shipping for this.
    IMG_0870.JPG

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Red Ochre likes this.
  2. LazyPK

Blog Posts:
    Next is a keen kutter axe head. Very old and very used. Not in the best shape but serviceable. Was made sometime before 1947 I think. Not sure on what I would take on this. Shoot me an offer. IMG_0859.JPG

gohammergo likes this.
  3. sonofadoublegun

sonofadoublegun LL&P Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Oh man... I am a huge WW2 history buff, and that spoon... Sooooo cool! I really wish I had the money for it!

P.S. - the Nazi's can eat poo and die... I just really like history!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    LazyPK likes this.
  4. woodstalker

woodstalker Tracker Minor age 17 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Actually the Luftwafa weren't allowd to have a political stance, and most hated hitler. Read the book a higher call. It gives insight into the minds of both german pilots and American. really good book.

Red Ochre and sonofadoublegun like this.
  5. MT_Fin

MT_Fin Axe'aholic Hobbyist Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Pm sent

Red Ochre and LazyPK like this.
  6. sonofadoublegun

sonofadoublegun LL&P Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Hey @woodstalker ,

Not sure if this was meant for me or the OP... If it was me: I know, I just don't want anyone thinking the wrong thing because I'm so interested in a spoon that happens to have a swastika on it... Sometimes people get the wrong impression and infer something that isn't true. :dblthumb: So, like I said - The Nazi's can eat poo and die. :)

Jamie

7. woodstalker

woodstalker Tracker Minor age 17 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I understand, I just take up forem cause mast were just following orders. They just happened to be on the wrong side. So @sonofadoublegun No sides taken and screw the Nazis. Then and now.

sonofadoublegun likes this.
  8. Red Ochre

Red Ochre Guide

Blog Posts:
    The Swastika is one of the oldest symbols on earth.

Swastika Indian blanket.jpg

Maple Trail and NattyBo like this.
  9. LazyPK

Blog Posts:
    Yes. As long as man has looked upon the sun and depicted it there have been swastikas. It is a good luck symbol in many cultures. Unfortunately, Hitler and his goons destroyed a symbol for a very, very long time.

sonofadoublegun and Red Ochre like this.
  10. LazyPK

Blog Posts:
    Bump for an interesting spoon and some other stuff.