BadgerClaw Leatherworks Customer Service!

Discussion in 'Badger Claw Leatherworks' started by ArmyMacE, Jan 3, 2018.

1. ArmyMacE

ArmyMacE Husband, Father, Woodsman Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    So a while back I ordered a new sheath for my Tops Knives Tracker TBT1. The kydex had quit being any good other than a blanket. It had a good run of about 7-8 years.

As well as a few other odds and ends. They arrived very quickly, and I was very pleased with the craftsmanship.

We exchanged messages back and forth a couple times. This is what arrived. Supplies for my secret Santa package, and some new stuff for me.

A pretty nice box to open!

D57C1615-B37C-4543-B5AE-E6A66B409528.jpeg

So here is the piece I was really looking forward to, being that I am a fan of the tracker style knife.

835F354F-702F-476E-B041-8568EE49531E.jpeg

I was a bit saddened when it didn’t quite fit. I contacted John about this. He said he would probably have to shave down the welt liner. No big deal for a leather maker I guess...

I have made a few knife sheaths and wanted to pull my hair out. I don’t mind working on small projects, but this seemed to hard for my current skill level.

Not in any hurry because I, like many of us have to many knives and like to utilize them all.

Went to the mail today to find this completely brand new knife sheath!

Very similar to the original, but definitely all new leather. I know this may have been a bit frustrating for him as well... but the man stood on his word! Not a lot of folks do that any more.

My photos don’t do John’s work justice.

AD528507-02EB-46A7-855E-8CF5125B123B.jpeg

6C3A157A-0017-42AB-80E6-F439E43A7514.jpeg

I don’t know how to express my appreciation for this as well as I would like.

I will refer folks to Badger Claw Leather with out hesitation.

As well as be looking forward to future projects and purchases. I am also anxiously awaiting my other knife that is on his work que somewhere!

Thanks,

Jarrod

2. fire65

fire65 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Owning some of his leather goods and having met the man in person a couple of times I would never doubt his customer service. Man he does turn out some beautiful work too.

3. Zunga

Zunga Guide

Blog Posts:
    Love the work and the story. I did the smile and gag corporate version of customer service. I've often dreamed of making my own product of some kind. It's the warranty stuff that scares ya! Sounds like a stand up guy!
    Cheers
    Jim

4. central joe

central joe Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Outstanding service there young fellar. joe

DomC, ArmyMacE and The Woodsrunner like this.
  5. Kona9

Kona9 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I had a similar experience, though not to the same degree, where John took care of an issue with the dangler on a sheath he made. His communication is great and the issue was resolved quickly. It is comforting knowing that if anything comes up he stands behind his work. I look forward to doing business with John in the future.

6. Primordial

Primordial MOA #40 Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    SOLID customer service! And that sure looks like some quality product as well.

7. Mr. Tettnanger

Mr. Tettnanger Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    John dies nice work! I have his log carrier. I plan on getting some more gear from him this year.

DomC, ArmyMacE and The Woodsrunner like this.
  8. SmilinJoe

SmilinJoe Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    John is one of those people who does what he says and tells it like it is. Have no hesitation in doing business with him as evidenced by this thread and the testimonials. Beautiful sheath you got there Jarrod.

9. TattooBlade

TattooBlade Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    John is an artist and a craftsman without a doubt! He does some amazing work!

aaronu likes this.