Bark River Grind-In???

Discussion in 'Bearded Bladeworks' started by SeanC, Mar 18, 2016.

1. SeanC

SeanC Scout Vendor Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Anybody here ever gone to one of Bark River's Grind-In events? http://www.barkriverknives.com/index/grind-ins/ If so, how was it?

I just finalized all my reservations and travel arrangements for the June Grind-In this year. Anyone else going to that one?

...a couple of pics of my red Gunny so we don't end up with one of them picture-less threads ;)
    IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG

2. J. Pierce

J. Pierce Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I keep thinking about going some day, I should've done it already, I live probably only an hour and a half from there.

Enjoy. It should be a fantastic experience.

3. Mr.LCV

Mr.LCV Knife Snob Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I know myself and at least one other will be attending in June. Mike was kind enough to give away a spot at the grind in for free at my winter group camp. he donates about 4 knives a meet for me to giveaway. Im hosting a camp nearby during the grind in so no hotels for us. See yah there and your more then welcome at camp

4. SeanC

Blog Posts:
    Sweet! I was hoping there would be somebody from BCUSA there.
    I already have a hotel reservation but I'd still be down to hang out around a camp fire.

5. Never quit

Never quit Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I have a 2 week layoff at that time and would love it. It really sounds like just Friday and sat. correct ? kind of hang around sunday ?
    I want very much to start to learn this trade, been a machinist for awhile so I got a very small start.
    Glad you posted this, I was gonna go last year but couldn't. I have a couple of questions to any of you that have attended.

6. FearNoFish

FearNoFish Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Had a great time meeting you at the Grind-In (Tom here, btw). Really enjoyed your company. Glad we went back for knife #2. Wish you could've built the Nessmuk, but your Wolf River came out awesome. Hope your travels home went well. Just wanted to give you a heads up for my near future knife order. I've got a few ideas I'd like to run by you, as I'd like to add your build to my collection. We'll be touch soon...

7. SeanC

Blog Posts:
    It was great meeting you too! That was a lot of fun. Hopefully we'll all be able to go again next year.

8. Gixxerflier

Gixxerflier Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Man, that sounds like fun! I think I might check that out. Make your own Bark River.