1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Bark River Grind-In???

Discussion in 'Bearded Bladeworks' started by SeanC, Mar 18, 2016.

1. SeanC

SeanC Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Anybody here ever gone to one of Bark River's Grind-In events? http://www.barkriverknives.com/index/grind-ins/ If so, how was it?

I just finalized all my reservations and travel arrangements for the June Grind-In this year. Anyone else going to that one?

...a couple of pics of my red Gunny so we don't end up with one of them picture-less threads ;)
    IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG

2. J. Pierce

J. Pierce Guide

Blog Posts:
    I keep thinking about going some day, I should've done it already, I live probably only an hour and a half from there.

Enjoy. It should be a fantastic experience.

3. Mr.LCV

Mr.LCV Knife Snob

Blog Posts:
    I know myself and at least one other will be attending in June. Mike was kind enough to give away a spot at the grind in for free at my winter group camp. he donates about 4 knives a meet for me to giveaway. Im hosting a camp nearby during the grind in so no hotels for us. See yah there and your more then welcome at camp

4. SeanC

Blog Posts:
    Sweet! I was hoping there would be somebody from BCUSA there.
    I already have a hotel reservation but I'd still be down to hang out around a camp fire.

5. Never quit

Never quit Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I have a 2 week layoff at that time and would love it. It really sounds like just Friday and sat. correct ? kind of hang around sunday ?
    I want very much to start to learn this trade, been a machinist for awhile so I got a very small start.
    Glad you posted this, I was gonna go last year but couldn't. I have a couple of questions to any of you that have attended.

6. FearNoFish

FearNoFish Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Had a great time meeting you at the Grind-In (Tom here, btw). Really enjoyed your company. Glad we went back for knife #2. Wish you could've built the Nessmuk, but your Wolf River came out awesome. Hope your travels home went well. Just wanted to give you a heads up for my near future knife order. I've got a few ideas I'd like to run by you, as I'd like to add your build to my collection. We'll be touch soon...

7. SeanC

Blog Posts:
    It was great meeting you too! That was a lot of fun. Hopefully we'll all be able to go again next year.

8. Gixxerflier

Gixxerflier Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Man, that sounds like fun! I think I might check that out. Make your own Bark River.