Bear atontomy, making the shot count

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Gathering' started by A Seedy Lot, Sep 16, 2018.

1. A Seedy Lot

A Seedy Lot Scout

Blog Posts:
    crewhead05, GoKartz, pab1 and 4 others like this.
  2. pab1

pab1 Supporter Supporter Bushclass III Bushclass I Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Good luck!

GoKartz and A Seedy Lot like this.
  3. A Seedy Lot

A Seedy Lot Scout

Blog Posts:
    I will need some luck. Montana does not allow baiting or hounds for hunting bears and with this years poor huckleberry crop means many bears are already hanging around town, even the Grizzlies. Fall hunting for bear is like trying to find the proverbial needle in the haystack as a boar can have over a 90 square mile range in the fall traveling looking for food. Bear season ends up usually only being an excuse to take the gun for a walk, but gives me some hunting practice and exercise before general big game season starts on October 20th.

crewhead05, GoKartz and pab1 like this.
  4. pab1

pab1 Supporter Supporter Bushclass III Bushclass I Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    I know what you mean. It looks like I'm south of you a ways. When I was younger I bought a bear tag most years. The years I had a tag I wouldn't get into bear. The years I didn't buy a tag I would have opportunities. I haven't bought a bear tag in years and lost interest in taking one. For some reason this year bear have been on my mind so I picked up a tag. Like you said, its a good excuse to get out a little more before deer season.

Birdman, GoKartz and A Seedy Lot like this.