Big Boar Tusker and Kubo 2 need a workout

Discussion in 'Gossman Knives' started by silenthunterstudios, Feb 9, 2018.

1. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios Scout

Blog Posts:
    This afternoon I go in for a nerve block. Back doctor is going to burn out the nerve going to my brain, to give me some relief from this constant back pain. Sustained a broken back, broken chest cartilage, broken leg, broken ribs etc. in a car accident in 2012. Old Toyota 22R flatbed pickup versus an oak tree, see what kind of odds Vegas puts on that. I was about 400 or so at the time, I'm 340 now, trying to get down to 250. This injury has held me back physically and mentally, using it as a crutch sometimes. Luckily I'm still mobile, but this past year has not been kind to me. My pup took me pavement surfing at the vets office, after he ate a $5 rope toy which turned into a $2500 rope toy. He was saved but his manhood was not, as the vet took an opportune moment to neuter him. The fall happened when I dropped him off, he knew something was up.

All that aside, I've been going to this back doctor for almost a year, and have tried different nerve meds (I would advise against any opioids, they messed my stomach up and I haven't taken any in a long while).

I bitch and complain but the pain is bearable most of the time. I have lost weight like I said, and I really want to get out on some day hikes and overnight camps in my fathers woods, start off small.

That brings me to these blades. I was astounded and grateful to win Scott's last original design Big Boar Tusker, in A2. No pics right now, I will add them later. I kid that Scott's choppers come with their own Conan the Barbarian theme soundtrack. Well, this one did. Later, I stopped by Scott's shop and ordered a Kubo 2, A2. This Kubo is about as big as the BBT, but balance on this one is excellent and it is very comfortable in hand, I used it on some firewood, but that was it. I have a couple downed trees over the back yard fence, about as big as me, that need to come down. Now, I'm fat and lazy, so chainsaws will be used, but that Kubo 2 will get a piece of the action.

I'd like some prayers and good thoughts, that this injection/nerve block, works. Bursitis on top of everything else, atrophy because I can hardly move, stuck in a little Mazda B3000 while my truck remains in the shop (my little brother says I look like a grizzly bear in a clown car).

I'm really hoping that the next couple months, until I can get a new shot, are relatively pain free. Doc said work on core exercises. No weight lifting. Lots of walking. Clearing brush etc work, so I see hopefully when this stuff kicks in, the BBT and the Kubo 2 get a workout.

2. Murman

Murman Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    God speed

ArmyMacE likes this.
  3. Duncsquatch

Duncsquatch Heed the call. Supporter

Blog Posts:
    My wife is having a similar procedure done in her back. In the next week or so.

ArmyMacE likes this.
  4. CHREBA

CHREBA Guide

Blog Posts:
    Prayers for you and yours .

ArmyMacE likes this.
  5. akhntr

akhntr Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Keep the faith brother.

ArmyMacE likes this.
  6. S.Gossman

S.Gossman Guide Vendor Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Hang in there buddy. You need to stay positive. As we have talked many times, I feel your pain too. I'm in pain everyday from the ball busting labor job I did for 38 years.
    Scott

ArmyMacE, Merk3030 and Mr. Tettnanger like this.
  7. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Taking turmeric every day helped my pain. I can't take it now because of the immunotherapy drugs they're giving me at NIH, but it really was helping with my bad back and hips. Walking also helps a lot. Hope the doc helps you out.

ArmyMacE and Mr. Tettnanger like this.
  8. JC1

JC1 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Double check your Doc is not related to your vet or you may wake up without your manhood :eek:

ArmyMacE and Chevrolet4x4s like this.
  9. ezra45

ezra45 Supporter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Good luck with the procedure and keep moving.

Regards,

ezra

ArmyMacE likes this.
  10. Andster

Andster Scout

Blog Posts:
    Like Scott said, stay positive. PMA is everything. I’m up for some local hikes too, keep in touch.

ArmyMacE and Mr. Tettnanger like this.
  11. Camber

Camber Scout

Blog Posts:
    You got this Dan. You've been making progress, and this is just a regrouping to keep pushing on.

Will be wishing you the best.

ArmyMacE likes this.
  12. winterlover

winterlover Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Good luck with it, hope it helps! Back pain sucks, been there. Yoga and swimming helped me, but I had some shots as well. Eventually it gets better; good job on losing the weight, that helps too. Good to have a positive goal to work towards.

ArmyMacE likes this.
  13. ArmyMacE

ArmyMacE Husband, Father, Woodsman Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Stay strong, stay the course! You will do it! Congratulations on your current progress!

14. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios Scout

Blog Posts:
    You guys are right, I'm trying, Andy, I need a good hike man. Need spring time, and not a Maryland spring "Blink twice and it'll be gone"...

Andster likes this.