1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

budget bushcraft cooking kit

Discussion in 'Cooking & Water Purification' started by 1stcavmp77, Dec 17, 2009.

1. 1stcavmp77

1stcavmp77 Guest

Blog Posts:
  2. Trekon86

Trekon86 Guest

Blog Posts:
    Excellent.
    I would say he was only half right: Bushcrafting *itself* is about thinking outside the box and making do for cheaper.
    :)
    PMZ

3. Trey

Trey Scout

Blog Posts:
    Excellent cooking kit--do you have any problem with the cans rusting? All of the cans that I have tried to salvage from my kitchen have rusted rapidly on the bottom.

4. KuRUpTD

KuRUpTD Guide

Blog Posts:
    Great ideas brother... nice to know you really don't have to spend an arm an a leg on gear.

5. GreyOne

GreyOne Elder Lifetime Supporter

Blog Posts:
    This is a really good video. He has it together !

The coffee cans do rust out fairly quickly when in use, but I have never had a problem using one for a week or so. If you find replacing them a problem, the little K-Mart stainless Grease Pot for about 6.97 will eliminate that problem, and it has a lid to boot.