Bug Out Bags Are Deadly

Discussion in 'Preparedness' started by Watcher of the Woods, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Watcher of the Woods

Watcher of the Woods Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Hey all,

I have spent so much of my life researching bug out bags, what is the best gear to go into them, etc etc. I have also, spent endless amounts of money on gear that sat un-used in a closet. After 12-13 years of this, I think I finally have figured out something that works. I have wanted to make this video for a long time, but just now figured out how to put it into words. I hope you enjoy it, thanks for watching!

Walking Crow, Gruxxx, Chewuch and 8 others like this.
  2. Bitterroot Native

Bitterroot Native Indigenous Skills Junkie Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Cool vid man! A lot of really good points you brought up. I have the EXACT same philosophy as your "grab and go" method. I thought of getting a bug out bag but ultimately decided against it because I always have a couple bags packed and ready to hit the woods with anyways. Seemed easier to just grab the gear I use on a regular basis and put together a kit/pack real quick than have a dedicated bug out bag. I don't own a lot of stuff and what I do have is almost all outdoor gear and is well organized so my situation lends itself well to the grab and go philosophy.

I'm really not much of a prepper but as a semi-intelligent human I have and do think of the worst case scenarios and what I would do in those situations from time to time. Keep up the good work :D

Paulyseggs likes this.
  3. TAHAWK

TAHAWK Guide

Blog Posts:
    Use it/Use them.

Go through your kits.

Problems solved.

The "Deadly" part is unexplained.

"Post apocalyptic situation" ?

Kukriblade likes this.