CC for the business professionals

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by dmangler, Aug 8, 2018.

1. dmangler

dmangler Scout

Blog Posts:
    I recently started a new job that is 2nd A friendly, so now I can carry at work. I need to be dressed in business casual so I am limited on my carry options. I tried my LCP in my pocket holster, but it really limits my pocket space and the pistol seems to ride funny in the way the pockets are designed in all my slacks.
    So, today I am trying out my IWB Alien Wear with my G43 and tucking my shirt over it with just the clips showing. Its OK, but my shirt blouses funny now and I find myself constantly fiddling with my shirt tucking it and re tucking it. Anyone have any suggestions about CC IWB with a tucked in shirt or is this just the nature of the beast?

Thanks!

central joe and T. Pollock like this.
  2. Cwlongshot

Cwlongshot Guide

Blog Posts:
    40 S&W & 22 Mag fan residing in New England
    ANY new holster will come with some degree of fiddling. IWB even more so. Buy a quality brand and you will have a best chance of something that your gonna like.

I switched to a IWB for my wife's (Now mine) G42. That was couple months ago... now I FORGET the darn thing is there!

So I'm just saying reguardless its gonna take a lil getting used to.

CW

Danmanrn, Vilke, central joe and 2 others like this.
  3. T. Pollock

T. Pollock T's Custom Outdoor Gear Vendor Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    What position are you carrying in?
    I added a gel pad to the lower back of my holster (Vedder LightTuck) and it made a world of difference both for comfort and concealability in the appendix position.

ETA: As CW mentioned it took a good bit of fiddling to get all the adjustment and position worked out but now it's completely comfortable with "0" printing.

4. mtngunr

mtngunr Tracker

Blog Posts:
    A G43 rides fine on me simply stuffed inverted and canted outboard on left side of bellybuckle, carried mex. Rear sight prevents it slipping lower, trigger covered by beltline, and secure enough for any mundane daily movements, with no fiddling. Otherwise, an NAA Mini mag in front pocket.

That inverted crossdraw is also the most efficient as for access through front button placket.

central joe likes this.
  5. WY_Not

WY_Not Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    What pocket holster were you using with your LCP? Hunter makes one that is for the back pocket. Rides and prints like a wallet. Been using one for years and it is great to have an option for when carrying the 1911 in an OWB holster just isn't doable.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/3...f5ab171df5675bae0da&utm_term=4585513244644281
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

drobs, Lichen and central joe like this.
  6. dmangler

dmangler Scout

Blog Posts:
    OWB is always at 4:00, I like the Alien Wear Cloak Tuck, its extremely comfortable, the issue is getting the shirt tucked in properly so i dont look like a bafoon with my shirt tucked in sideways all crammed up around the holster.

T. Pollock and central joe like this.
  7. dmangler

dmangler Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have seen these too, I dont know if I have enough "padding" on my backside for that to be comfortable. I use a minimalist wallet already because big bulky affairs make my butt-bone sore ;)

central joe and Paulyseggs like this.
  8. russw25

russw25 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Crossbreed and never look bad. Worn mine at the water park canoeing, hiking and almost any other thing i wanted to do. It is molded to my side. Would not trade anything for it. Crossbreed.com

9. kreate

kreate Guide

Blog Posts:
    Check out the Desantis Slim Tuk. I occasionally carry my 43 in that with tucked in shirt with minimal to no effect on how my rides. I was truly surprised. Plus they can be had for around 20.00 on the bay. I got one for my 26 and LCP as well. Really a nice holster.

10. Chevrolet4x4s

Chevrolet4x4s Guide

Blog Posts:
  11. Polecat

Polecat Polecat in a Poke Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I think a Walther PPK/S in a nice black leather IWB slider rig is about as classy as it gets (I think the PPK/S has a much more attractive grip shape/angle than the regular PPK). Then if you do flash someone, at least it'll be classy. ;P

I think you'll have tuck issues regardless. It's more apparent to you than it is to anyone else. It's also a sign to those in the know that you are carrying, which is classy in and of itself. :p

dmangler likes this.
  12. Lichen

Lichen Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    For you guys that use IWB holsters, do you buy your pants with an extra inch in the waist size? They look so uncomfortable.

marbleman and T. Pollock like this.
  13. Vilke

Vilke Guide

Blog Posts:
    I tried the tucked in look with the Alien Gear IWB rig and finally gave up. I just bought shirts that I could leave untucked. Love the holster but never could get the shirt to ride right. Gun leather is always a pain to find something you like. I have a box of things I have tried and did not like but I really like the Alien Gear. If I have to go tucked I drop back to a LCP in a homemade front pocket holster. Good luck in finding what works for you.

jstert likes this.
  14. Vilke

Vilke Guide

Blog Posts:
    At first it was strange but I do not even notice it is there any longer. I lucked out and lost weight so I did not have to get bigger pants, I got a smaller me!

Lichen likes this.
  15. Poppy Jay Jay

Poppy Jay Jay Tracker

Blog Posts:

I use an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and I do wear a waist size larger than I need which make this holster very comfortable. After a while you forget its there. I use this for a Shield .45 at the 4 o'clock postion. As others have said, a new holster setup takes getting used to so give yourself time to adjust.

Lichen likes this.
  16. PeterCartwright

PeterCartwright Guide

Blog Posts:
    Some settings are conducive to dressy "tail out" shirts like the Latin Guayabera style. Maybe you need to be of a certain age, too. :) Such shirts make it a lot easier to conceal an IWB firearm. Cooler months allow for sweaters which can also be great for aiding concealment. I don't think "tuckable" systems would work for me.

PC

17. 41magfan

41magfan Scout

Blog Posts:
    Personally, I don't think "tuckable" works for anyone if they care about being smartly dressed. Every person I've seen attempting it was only fooling themselves in terms of the gun being unnoticeable and the practice lends itself to an unkept appearance. YMMV

I've pocket carried a gun 12+ hrs a day (everyday) for almost 40 years so my predictable suggestion would be to find a pocket holster for your LCP that works with your pant style. There's lots to choose from out there these days.

18. T. Pollock

T. Pollock T's Custom Outdoor Gear Vendor Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Yep.

Lichen likes this.
  19. arleigh

arleigh Guide

Blog Posts:
    If business casual can include a coat ,I'd use a shoulder holster .

PeterCartwright likes this.
  20. JeffG

JeffG Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Belly band or ankle holsters are an option too.

PeterCartwright likes this.
  21. marbleman

marbleman Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB with a G43 works very well It's highly adjustable for angle, leather on the inside half and Kydex on the outside half. It has a layer of Neopreme next to your skin, if no undershirt.

22. Cwlongshot

Cwlongshot Guide

Blog Posts:
    Carrying a Glock or similar striker fired pistol without the trigger guard covered is something I and many will never do.

I would like to suggest you search a product called a MIC HOLSTER. its a small piece of kydex, it snaps securely over the entire trigger guard, is attached with a thin lanyard and with a lil' practice alloys smooth application of the firearm. YES SAFELY attaching to your person while keeping things OUT OF that trigger guard that can shoot your junk off should something go badly.

CW

23. drobs

drobs Scout

Blog Posts:
    WY_Not likes this.
  24. Wasp

Wasp We are GO for Sting! Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I hate pocket carry, but if I have to I just rearrange my pockets and bear it because its probablymy only option or a short term thing.

I've carried a J frame a lot in a simple blackhawk neoprene size#3 right pocket, and I do carry LCP in a desantis pocket holster quite often when I cant carry anything else. They both ride upright and dont flop.

You could look on amazon at Don Hume pocket holster in leather. I have one of his OWB for my J frame and its nice for the money.
    I usually go with a IWB like I normally carry, but I don't usually have my shirt tucked in. I have carried off body in my backpack a lot too, just don't let it out of your reach.
    Google Don Hume Front Pocket Glock 43 or Ruger LCP. They are like $30 on amazon. Also for J frame and G42.

Hickok45 seems to like Alabama Holsters which is a kydex pocket holster that is pocket shaped and curved. I cant see what I'm ordering cause their pictures suck but have considered them a few times.

T. Pollock, azmike9 and WY_Not like this.
  25. dmangler

dmangler Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have a "Dont Tread on Me" that is almost exactly the same as the Slim Tuck, I never thought to try tucking my shirt in with it on, Ill give it a try and see how that works.

Depends on the pants, but usually yes.

Yep, got one of them now, it is comfortable, but my shirt doesn't tuck in properly, it gets all bunched up around the holster/gun.

Yea, I have seen him using those Alabama holsters a lot, it would be nice if you could do a "Try before you buy" type deal, I hate to spend more $$ on something that will end up in the box of misfit holsters. ;)

Lichen and Wasp like this.
  26. dmangler

dmangler Scout

Blog Posts:
    I would think this would be rather warm in the summer months, never tried anything like that before.

27. dhenson0

dhenson0 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
  28. Wasp

Blog Posts:
    Try the Don Hume, you're only out $30 and can send it back to Amazon, or sell it here and recover most of your money. Its really nice leather for the money. And I don't like cheap junk.

drobs likes this.
  29. trentu

trentu Guide

Blog Posts:
    I wear an ankle holster at work. Very accessible setting at my desk or out in the plant.

Wasp likes this.
  30. HardBall

HardBall Basket of Deplorable Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I've tried all manner of tuckable holsters and they all make your shirt look like crap when you're all dressed up. I carry a Sig P365 (Glock 43 size) in a "smart carry" type thing. It is far from perfect and not extremely comfortable (not terrible either, does take some getting used to) but the gun is very concealed and my shirt looks good at work. It's really the best way I've found when you gotta tuck in your shirt and nobody knows nothin...

31. woodsranger

woodsranger Scout

Blog Posts:
    What's a "smart carry" thing?

HardBall likes this.
  32. HardBall

HardBall Basket of Deplorable Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I was going to post a link but it looks like their website is down...just google "smart carry"...there are several knockoffs as well.

33. jstert

jstert Scout

Blog Posts:
    this naa 22lr setup goes discreetly in a pocket. i cant seem to do any waistband holsters for a larger ccw, but i would be happy to try an ankle holster if i could find one that works without buying trial and error.

Attached Files:

Wasp likes this.
  34. Cwlongshot

Cwlongshot Guide

Blog Posts:
    Pocket carry for a NAA is stupid simple...

Turn your pants pocket, inside out. Now lay the revolver on top of the pocket. "Measure" the width and sew a single line of sticking to make a "slot" inside the pocket to keep the revolver standing up.

DONE! Most of my pants now have this and I have used it for many years. These lil revolvers are SO handy to just have and carry this way.

CW

Sandcut, Wasp and elkhunter like this.
  35. woodsranger

woodsranger Scout

Blog Posts:
    Found it. Interesting. I don't know how I'd feel about carrying there, but it would probably be a good option to check out. Might be the only option, actually, for truly concealing with normal business attire.

HardBall likes this.
  36. dmangler

dmangler Scout

Blog Posts:
    Interesting, its like a modern day "codpiece" lol.

Yea, not looking to buy another heater though, those NAAs are pretty slick.

I think I will probably end up sticking with the LCP & some sort of pocket rig, might try that Don Hume that Wasp was going on about.

Wasp and HardBall like this.
  37. tomme boy

tomme boy Guide

Blog Posts:
    Head over and talk to Elliot at the "Lead Farm" Do you know where that is? Not sure if he carries holsters or not but I know he is really connected and can get you anything you need.

38. LongChinJon

LongChinJon Scout

Blog Posts:
    It isn't tuckable, but...have you looked at Sneaky Pete holsters? They look like a nice leather cellphone case, but the gun is inside, under a flap.
    I was skeptical until I saw an older man with what I'm sure was one on his belt. I never would have had a clue if I had not looked at them online. It looked like it would go well with khakis and a dress shirt. While it was a bit large, it was so classy looking that I can't imagine most people ever noticing.
    Www.sneakypeteholsters.com

woodsranger likes this.
  39. Wasp

Blog Posts:
    You could always wear a garter holster. Of course if you use it with pants just drawing the LCP would scare most BG in that case.

40. MrMurphy

MrMurphy Tracker

Blog Posts:
    T shirt under a dress shirt. Kangaroo Carry. Shoulder holster under your shirt. Slow, but absolutely discreet, having carried (legally, for work) in the most non permissive environments. Unless peopke routinely grope your armpits, a J frame or small 9mm vanishes. Kahr P9, Shield, g26 etc.

41. dmangler

dmangler Scout

Blog Posts:
    I do know where that is, funny you mentioned it. Drove by there yesterday for the 1st time and thought "Huh, lead farm in Iowa, thats weird" Now it makes sense ;) Yea maybe Ill swing by, its only a few minutes from my house.

42. KittySlayer

KittySlayer Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I carry a P238 at 4:00 OClock in this IWB holster with the "Tuckable" option.

Stoner 415 IWB Holster with Body Shield
    http://stonerholsters.com/Concealed...sters/stoner-415-iwb-holster-with-body-shield

Comfortable for all day carry and pretty much disappears as all my interactions are face to face or sitting in a chair so rarely does anyone have the chance to see my 4:00 OClock unless they are checking out my butt. A few hints is get your pants with a 1" larger waist. Get a really good carry belt, got mine at the local police outfitter place, not too wide but robust enough to support the holster. Wear dark pants, one time I was wearing khakis and someone asked about the black clip that was exposed, told them it was for my cell phone holder. Do not wear thin white dress shirts, walking in the sun someone could see through it, he asked because he was looking for a holster for himself.

Just had to walk out to the lobby this morning as we had some sketchy character come in and the receptionist called me. Untucked my shirt as I walked out to the lobby and asked him to leave. Always reminded of the Godfather scene where Sonny tells Clemenza "I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his .... in his hands."

dmangler likes this.