Changing map view on Garmin 450

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by dducey, Jan 12, 2013.

1. dducey

dducey Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have downloaded both Iowa and New Mexico topo maps to my Garmin 450. I can enable and view the Iowa map just fine. When I disable the Iowa map and enable the New Mexico map I cannot view the New Mexico map. I have the New Mexico map loaded to a micro SD card in the unit. I have searched the internet for solutions.

Any ideas???

Thanks.

2. dms1

dms1 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    First, I assume you are trying to see the New Mexico map on the GPS, if so, are you seeing the base map at your current location and then scrolling down and to the right on the screen to New Mexico? When you change maps the new map will not show unless you are at that location or you scroll over. The GPS always (in most cases) shows your current location, so if you are in iowa, it will show your location in Iowa regardless of what map is loaded. I think you can also hook your GPS to your computer and run BASECAMP and then select your GPS to see which maps are available on the GPS and switch between them.

This works on a Garmin Montana 650, so it might work on your GPS.

3. dms1

dms1 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Just wanted to add - On the GPS, to get to New Mexico quickly, zoom out and then scroll over to New Mexico and then zoom back in. BaseCamp would be the quickest and easiest way to see what maps are loaded on your GPS.

4. dducey

dducey Scout

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, sir!! Sometimes the obvious eludes me. Your advice was very helpful.:13: