Chill Gorilla

Discussion in 'Hammocks' started by Lordy123, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Lordy123

Lordy123 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I did a search and didn't find any threads, so I thought I'd start one.

Reviews seem great, prices are great, claimed to be made in the USA, they seem very responsive on the amazon reviews, and they responded to my facebook messages right away.

A friend and I have a fishing trip in Canada coming up, we decided we are going to leave the cabin and portage across two lakes in search of some lake trout. Both of us are hammock newbs and needed bug nets, researching those led me to this brand. My friend couldn't find his tarp, and the straps that came with my hammock are barely usable, so we're going to try those too.

Leaving tomorrow evening(as long as these show up on time :/ ) and getting back on the 8th, so I'll post a full review with pictures then.

Attached Files:

2. Lordy123

Lordy123 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Quick update:

All three items were made in China, the company is USA, manufacturing is not.

The straps were exceptional; the tarp was pretty nice for the price and really light weight.

The bug nets both broke on their first use, at $40 I'd almost call them a rip-off.

Broke and Kdad like this.
  3. ra2bach

ra2bach Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I'm sorry you had this happen. I could almost have predicted it though just from looking at the ad.

the worst part of this is that you could have gotten some quality gear for very little more...

4. isme

isme Guide

Blog Posts:
    Foothills of the Great Smoky mountains, Tn
    The straps look very similar to the one from -Ticket to the Moon.-
    I've used there straps for over a year now and love them. I think I paid about 15 dollars for the set.
    All of their equipment seems to be top notch.

5. Lordy123

Lordy123 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I knew it was a gamble, but now we know. I left the bug nets a one star review and the company has already contacted me about it, even if they hadn't, amazon is pretty risk free for returns.

They asked for pictures of the frayed areas and sounds like they're going to refund and replace the nets, we'll see.

6. Lordy123

Lordy123 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Does look similar, I'm very happy with the straps. They should have that same stitching on the nets :).

isme likes this.
  7. ra2bach

ra2bach Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    well, if they follow through at least that will be a good result. good luck...

8. Alex1

Alex1 BCUSA Friend Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    This is why I used to be a Buy American fanatic. Wouldn't buy anything important from China. It's so hard to find US-made stuff, and even when I can, sometimes the price differential is crazy. I'll pay up to twice as much for American, but not more.