Concerns: Customer Service & Warranty Issues

Discussion in 'Adventure Sworn Bushcraft Co.' started by Adventure Sworn, Apr 2, 2017.

1. rcwells

rcwells Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I don't have a dog in THIS hunt, but as a customer awaiting a knife I ordered back in April, this could potentially be a concern if shipping times are weeks to months.

My question is how are knives being shipped from AS? USPS Priority takes a couple days usually, and even UPS or FedEx will have 2-3 day shipping. Why would you ship custom ordered (or not), expensive knives out by any other method?
    I understand on my end that my order would take 6-8 weeks to fulfill, which is rapidly approaching, so I hope that mine will ship out within the next couple weeks or so, per AS estimated shipping time for the knife I ordered based on order date (04-26-2017).
    But once shipped, waiting another month for the package to arrive just doesn't make sense and is not acceptable. Overseas should take longer, I get that, but within CONUS.....??

Winterhorse and Lead belly like this.
  2. Korben Dallas

Korben Dallas Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Was it actually shipped, or was just a shipping label created?

3. rcwells

Blog Posts:
    Oh neither in my case. I ordered mine as I said 04-26-17. I haven't been notified yet of status, and hoping there are no issues when the time comes.
    I was simply saying I don't understand how knives are being shipped and coming up missing for extended periods of time (weeks to months as stated previously in this thread).

What carrier is being used? What shipping time frame? I send stuff out all the time USPS Priority and it arrives 2-3 days later. I would think it would be reasonable to use a service like that when shipping out knives but I don't know what they use or why.

That said I'm not at all ripping Cody and the gang here. I'm a huge fan of their work and have several examples of their work and have more inbound.
    I just hope that when my girlfriend's knife is shipped, that there are no issues. And hopefully soon!

Winterhorse likes this.
  4. Korben Dallas

Korben Dallas Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I should have specified that the question was for the guy you were quoting.

Winterhorse likes this.
  5. Lead belly

Lead belly Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I'm sure everyone who has a order will not have a issue. My package was shipped USPS to my po box in eastern Kentucky and was lost or stolen at the Lexington Ky postal service facility. My only gripe with AS is the lack of communication.

Adventure Sworn and Winterhorse like this.
  6. Panthera Tigris

Panthera Tigris Road Roller Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes USPS puts my stuff in neighbor boxes or in variations of my box number...

7. FreudianSlip

FreudianSlip Guide

Blog Posts:
    USPS treats my packages like this when I get them

8. roadwarrior

roadwarrior Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    I have a couple of your knives and the communication was a little slow but I understand. I am self employed and I don't always want to answer questions I just want to work. But for the quality of the 2 blades I would say second to none, I love them and I will buy more. Thank you for the post keep up the excellent work.

Adventure Sworn and rcwells like this.
  9. Lead belly

Lead belly Tracker

Blog Posts:
    According to the tracking it's still 80 miles away

10. seasonofthewoods

seasonofthewoods Wanderer Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I own 3 adventure sworns, and a bucksaw.
    Never had shipping issues.I have a knife on order. Wait time is 7-9 weeks. I'm on week 5 so far no complaints. I don't doubt AS crew will take care of you. But damn I can see where you are frustrated. Give them a chance to make it right ... they are not in the business of providing half ass service otherwise we would not be waiting 9weeks for the knife... the demand remains high for a reason.

Best of luck...

11. Adventure Sworn

Adventure Sworn Cody Vendor Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Sorry for the delay in response on this thread fellas, we're subscribed to it for notifications of new posts, but they just aren't popping up. :mad:

Shortly after I said we never truly had the USPS lose a package - they lost one (that's how it goes, right). We are working on making a new knife for that customer and are on route to get it shipped next week. We have been talking back & forth with this customer (the knife in question has walnut scales), could this be you? Sorry, it's tough matching up usernames to emails.

12. Lead belly

Lead belly Tracker

Blog Posts:
    No I had red burlap scales and have not had any contact from AS in almost a month

Edit: my order number 3731

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    operatord and Mr. Tettnanger like this.
  13. operatord

operatord Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I sent an email to Aventure Sworn on your behalf. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    I'm bothered that he responded yesterday, but never asked for details of your order. It's not tough matching user names with emails. Just PM the person and ask for their email address. I think you have been more than patient.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  14. Lead belly

Lead belly Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Appreciate it but really not needed. I've already started the process of resolving this issue. I also screenshot the odd post they made yesterday in case this thread gets edited.

Winterhorse and Mr. Tettnanger like this.
  15. Adventure Sworn

Blog Posts:
    It seems we were the last ones to send an email. I'm a bit surprised you didn't send us another email, and instead created a post here. Next time, just send us a follow up email (we check that far more often than we check BCUSA admittedly). As we mentioned via newsletter, we were away for two weeks an recieved roughly 200 emails during that duration, so it got a little hectic. A little nudge to our inbox to see how things are going may help prevent things from slipping through during times like that. On another note, we just shot you over an email - we are on top of your problem, and will have a new knife made for you asap.

I'm not sure sure why, but the USPS has let us down 5-6 times in the past 2-3 months, if they keep it up we are considering changing carriers. Sorry you had to deal with the consequences of the shortcommings of both the USPS and ourselves, but lets get it resolved.

I didn't see anything odd about about that post I made. And not to sound aggressive, but such suspicion is not appreciated. The only time I'll edit a thread is if someone starts to go off the rails and be unecessarily rude (which tends to be people who never even did business with us). As far as I'm concerned you were simply voicing a real concern you had, with no unecessary attitude. You were clearly a little bugged about your situation, as you should be, but you handled it well, and now we're taking care of it.

Cody

16. Lead belly

Lead belly Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I did send the last email to you as well as sending one email through the PayPal resolution center. I replied to your email today stating that I'd like a refund. Thanks

geologist2 and Mr. Tettnanger like this.
  17. Adventure Sworn

Blog Posts:
    Apologies; the last email we received from you was 5/26, the same day we contacted you. Then we got no email after that, and instead of sending checking in via email, you posted here - for future reference emailing us directly is certainly quicker. Refund issued, sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully the USPS finds that knife and gets it to you anyway; according them it isn't "lost" yet, it's just in USPS limbo. Sometimes a package will randomly show up after a long stretch of sitting at one location.

rcwells likes this.
  18. the_dude

the_dude Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    i've had this exact thing happen several times. seemingly lost for weeks, and then delivered.

Gumbi, rcwells and Adventure Sworn like this.
  19. Aaron600rr

Aaron600rr Tracker

Blog Posts:
    ALL companies have issues. I have a custom LT Wright that I ordered in April. It was delivered last week to the wrong province and city. I buy with PayPal so I'm protected. I have 7 custom AA forge knives that are 1 month late minimum because Aaron decided to make 11 new knives to show off at blade show and sell on his site. These issues will eventually occur with every company. I'm not happy about either issue but I still choose to buy based on quality. Even when AA forge has ready made blades he takes 3 weeks to ship for some reason. My AS sheaths or knives have all shipped fast to Canada

Adventure Sworn likes this.
  20. dbltap45acp

dbltap45acp Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have no dog in this fight, but I wanted to share a recent customer service issue I had with Cody at AS.

I bought an AS knife off the forums here second hand. It had seen some better days and had a few minor issues when it arrived. I sent it in for a face lift and while there Cody found another issue that he felt like it required the option of giving me a store credit. This was after about six emails back and forth as well mind you. And another 3 from his awesome wife Amber as well.

I gave him free reign to make me either a mountaineer or a classic, besides that I gave him free reign really. I was told I should have it in a couple weeks and they are already working on the blade and matching firesteel. Cody went above and beyond to take care of me.

I know some have waited, and some stuff have slipped through the cracks. Keep in mind that AS is a small shop, each piece is hand crafted, and that kind of quality takes time. The other side of that coin is replys also take longer. Can they improve the speed on getting back to their customers? Of course everyone can and needs to improve that, for almost everyone in the industry. When I got my emails back from them which might have taken time, I had multiples in one day to make sure they answered all my questions and got it right. Remember, the more emails sent, the less time he can be grinding knives.

To me, that proves they care about their customers wants and needs. If we as a society didn't bombard them with questions about stuff that we could google just as easily and get our answers they would have more time to build and email. Everyone should keep that in mind and know that when your email is answered, or knife is built, that you have a great shop standing behind you and your blade if ever needed.

21. lucky67

lucky67 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Coming from the Netherlands,Europe,I did receive 2 knives already from Adventure Sworn without issues,e- mail contact was fair enough and always polite also, giving me the feeling not only buying a knife but having a connection with the company itself, sort of becoming part of the family so to say.
    I buy lots of stuff online internationally, if something goes wrong it's till now always the fault of the postage company's and even then they are able to solute these faults most of the time sooner or later.

22. rcwells

Blog Posts:
    Update on mine in case anyone has followed this. My girlfriend's knife arrived today and is a beauty.
    Thanks Cody and the AS crew for doing what you do and doing it so exceptionally!