Coolest sprint run of Para 3?

Discussion in 'Gear Deals' started by CoolBreeze135, Sep 11, 2018.

1. CoolBreeze135

CoolBreeze135 Scholarly Woodsman Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Check out this newest sprint run of the Para 3 from Spyderco. This one is being offered by Massdrop (not sure if exclusively, but it appears so). I really like the earth tones, so brown G10 is a welcome choice. S35VN is a good choice, too. Unlike some other sprint runs, the price isn't much different from the standard boring version. Really wishing I had $150 right now, because this variant may be my favorite I've ever seen.

Figured it was worth a share. Let me know if you get one.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/exclusive-para3-earth-brown-s35vn

[​IMG]

HoustonB77 and blind & lost like this.
  2. Wasp

Wasp We are GO for Sting!

Blog Posts:
    Not bad. I like brown, but not necessarily in G10. I like the all black and regular models. Honestly the steel in normally comes in is so good I don't feel the need to invest in the sprint runs.
    I know the Para2 gets a lot of attention, but second to the Delica the Para 3 is in the top five spydercos and much better than the PM2 size wise IMO.

HoustonB77 likes this.
  3. CoolBreeze135

Blog Posts:
    I have no interest in the PM2, but the Para 3 is much more attractive to me. Very much agree on that point.

However, I'm getting so sick of black. I hate that it is the default color and many knife models are offered only in black. It's so boring. I specifically avoid black when at all possible. This sprint run is 10 times more attractive to me than the black G10 version. Of course, that's a highly subjective thing. When the not-black sprint runs are a similar price to the standard model, they really tempt me. This is the prime example.

Wasp likes this.
  4. HoustonB77

HoustonB77 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    That's a great looking knife. If I wasn't so in love with my new benchmade 940-2 I might order one.

CoolBreeze135 likes this.
  5. CoolBreeze135

Blog Posts:
    Hey, I also got a Benchmade 940-2 recently and I love mine as well! My favorite folder, most likely.

Wish it came in a color other than black, though. ;)

HoustonB77 likes this.
  6. Wasp

Wasp We are GO for Sting!

Blog Posts:
    I like other colors, as long as they are offered in black. It matches my gun, my flashlight, my watch, my belt/wallet/keys, etc. :) Now traditional folders and fixed blades I do like other colors, as long as theres a black model somewhere. :)
    Of course I like black G10 so much I had to have a Mini Trapper in Black G10.
    20180716_131856.jpg

I just sold my para3 (for now), only Spyderco in larger size I still have is a Shaman. I will get another Para3
    20180224_151443.jpg