1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Costco Soft Shells

Discussion in 'Gear Deals' started by Gruxxx, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Gruxxx

Gruxxx Guide Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    If you're a member or want to join, Costco soft shells are back in. IMO, the materials and worksmanship are excellent for a $20 jacket, and they look sharp, unlike most jackets at this price point. Really, I can't believe they can sell them this low. I bought one last year and it held up great. I liked it so much, I just bought 2 more in different colors. I tend to buy higher quality stuff, but this is one of those exceptions where I'm actually happy with a $20 jacket instead of a $150 name brand. ...and if I destroy it around a campfire... so what?!

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Men's-Softshell-Jacket.product.100244684.html

(Edit: My local store also has an olive green with thin black hatch color that's not listed in the link.)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. PMSteve

PMSteve Old Timey Outdoorsman Supporter

Blog Posts:
    When you said 'softshell', I immediately thought softshell tacos!

I know Costco has the Pizza and polish sausages for sale up front, so I thought, Wow, softshell tacos too! What a place!

I was disappointed when I found out you were talking about jackets. Bummer. But for $20, they don't look bad at all. Besides, $20 is too much to spend on tacos, unless you get a bunch of them.

Steve

3. Ragman

Ragman Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    My buddy bought one of their light weight down jackets last year and always raves of how good for how cheap it was.

Broke likes this.
  4. TrespassersWilliam

TrespassersWilliam Scout

Blog Posts:
    Broke likes this.
  5. grendal

grendal Scout

Blog Posts:
    Sitting in my tin can, far above central ohio
    looks like i'm swiping my dads costco card this weekend.

Broke likes this.
  6. Macrosill

Macrosill Scout Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Just ordered a red one in XLT as they did not have black in my size. I am surprised they have tall sizes available. Doubt they would have them in the store. Free shipping too.

Thanks for the notice on this one.

xRangerx likes this.
  7. A Seedy Lot

A Seedy Lot Scout

Blog Posts:
    My mom bought me a Costco soft shell couple years ago. Nice looking jacket but for me it did not breathe like I have come to expect of softshell clothing. I was always feeling damp within the jacket and thus child. For casual wear it worked fine but for active use I found it lacking.

Ragman likes this.
  8. xrayit

xrayit Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Nice jackets, wore mine for last two winters. Did some hiking in 0 degree weather last year and the soft shell cut the wind and kept me warm with a heavy weight costco fleece underneath.

9. highlander

highlander Guide

Blog Posts:
    I just looked at them online and they look really nice. If they had them in 4xl Id be all over it...but alas 3xl is the largest they go.

10. wizard

wizard Guide

Blog Posts:
    I have a black one, had it for a few years. Not that good of a jacket. It is alright around my desert city but some place cold, windy and rainy, the jacket was like no jacket at all. For casual use in mild conditions, a decent deal at $20.

11. JonM

JonM Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I wear mine down to freezing with no issues. They're a nice light jacket.

12. xRangerx

xRangerx Woods wandering bird nerd Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    They definitely don't. That is interesting though. I've got one and wouldn't mind another!

13. MohaveGreen

MohaveGreen Guide

Blog Posts:
    @PMSteve you stole the thought right outta my head. Must be a northern Nevada thing (spent several recent years there). True tacos are soft shell tacos, and they are forever on the brain. Kinda digging the jackets though...

PMSteve likes this.
  14. Anthonysaudiojournal

Anthonysaudiojournal Scout

Blog Posts:
    I got one of their super cheap down jacket last year and wore it image.jpg in the Sierras. It was waaaaay better than I expected and it kept me warm into the low to mid 30's. It is 650 fill goose down and was only $29. Its not a top o the line bomber winter jacket but it packed down really small and had some water resistance to it. It is more like a down sweater. It cant compare with my. mountain Hardwear Sub Zero jacket but that one was $200.

backlasher likes this.