Custom Mountaineers and Tradesman Knives: Books Open

Discussion in 'Adventure Sworn Bushcraft Co.' started by Adventure Sworn, Apr 13, 2018.

1. wenochs

wenochs Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I was just kickin it until the 12 week mark. Now that they are posting pics on Instagram I am getting more excited. After yesterday’s update it looks like I will go back to kickin it until Aug 1

2. Aaron600rr

Aaron600rr Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    The wait times I'm experiencing with AA Forge customs has made me very patient for my AS Customs. This seems like a breeze so far.

Kyle363 and ChawnC like this.
  3. Kyle363

Kyle363 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    My experience with Adventure Sworn and their products has always been top notch. I fee like the waiting feels longer than usual thus the anxiety is higher only because I'm so excited to get a custom from them.

I discovered AS a bit after their first round of custom orders and have eagerly waited for custom orders to open again. I actually thought it might never happen since they've been so successful with pre-orders and making available knives. So when customs opened again I had to get one and I've been looking for my shipping notification ever since.

I have to say seeing orders placed after mine being completed before mine makes me more anxious since I purposely rushed to get my order in and kept my configuration simple in hopes I would get my knife sooner. However I understand that making the knives in the exact order they came in regardless of material supplies could be inefficient. It makes much more sense to cut, grind, heat treat, assemble, and sharpen 100 mountaineers than cut mountaineers and tradesman, grind, heat treat, assemble 5 tradesman 3 mountaineers 2 tradesman 1 mountaineer...ect...ect.

Lastly this is the second time that I know of that AS has offered custom orders so there is clearly a learning curve I know the next time around they will be more efficient.

Manueljm, Aaron600rr and ChawnC like this.
  4. rcwells

rcwells Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I keep forgetting I have one ordered, then when I remember I get excited all over again!

Relax guys, they will come. It may be Christmas before you get yours :18: but they will come!

5. delkhouri

delkhouri Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Definitely anxious and excited but by no means frustrated. They were very honest about 12 week estimattion and have sent out update emails every few weeks. They also admitted in this last email that they received substantially more orders than anticipated and have had some delays with materials.

They will ship eventually and if I get mine anytime before fall (my primary camping season) all is good.

Manueljm, Aaron600rr and rcwells like this.
  6. mauiarcher

mauiarcher Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    no biggie for me...just know what you are getting in to. Definitely still looking forward to it. It is not like I don't have 30 other knives to use in the interim. You think this is long, try ordering a SBT. Not heirloom/collecting for me...although very pretty, it will be a definite user and I can always send in for a spa if I want it pretty.

Aaron600rr and ChawnC like this.
  7. ChawnC

ChawnC Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I tend to use them more than collect them also.

8. Manueljm

Manueljm Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    A.S. was upfront about the 12 weeks or longer. My order included CPM3v which was delayed. I understand unexpected delays because I work in supply chain. And as previously mentioned, these are high end knives that are worth the wait.

Aaron600rr likes this.
  9. godshippy

godshippy Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Has anyone gotten a shipment notification? I'd like to see pictures of what you all received as I continue to wait for mine :)

Aaron600rr likes this.
  10. Manueljm

Manueljm Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Every knife I own is a user. I collect to use, not look at :)

11. Adventure Sworn

Adventure Sworn Cody Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Thanks everyone for your posts, it is awesome to see that you're all very understanding of the delays, even though I'm sure you're very anxious to get your custom knives.

Yes we have shipped a good portion of the knives already. I'm sure you'll start to see people showing off their customs soon. :D

As mentioned above, we were expecting around 50 or so orders, in which case the 6-12 week ETA would have made sense. We ended up getting roughly 250, so that slowed things down a bit. A couple other factors were materials availability, and that we decided to bring the entire process back in house (even our blade profile cutting is being done by us again). The only thing we are not bringing back in house is heat-treating, and that is because Peters does such a meticulous job. But we may even bring that in house within the year, just to help things flow.

You will be seeing instagram videos of a ton of these orders next week, so keep your eyes peeled!

delkhouri, Bennieboo and Aaron600rr like this.
  12. delkhouri

delkhouri Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for sharing all that. Yeah I'm excited to see all the Instagram posts and even more excited to get mine. Has anyone received shipping notification or even received theirs?