I don't want to start the group off with negative stuff, , but ran into this last week. My son and I are finishing off a basement in a house just purchased by a client of ours. This is a log home with a walkout basement. When the electrician pulled insulation out of the walkout wall he found water damage. And wet wood. The new owner asked me to investigate. I had done some work there last year, and noticed a nice stainless steel threshold on the upper patio door. This happened to be right above where the water damage is.... Took it off. Spray foam and caulking. Never a good sign. The old wooden threshold was ready to fall out. Removed the foam and could see right into the basement. There was no deck flashing or door flashing installed. I had to remove almost 30' of log siding by cutting with my chainsaw every 16" or so and popping the chunks out. I spent 6 hours doing this. My son bent up some flashing on his brake and we will install it next week. I will add more pictures later. The seller of this home hid the damage from the new owner. If the electrician had not caught this, we would possibly have buried it behind the drywall unless we found it. There was no indication of water coming into the wall in the interior.