1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Efficacy of smoke baths

Discussion in 'Bush Medicine' started by redrob, Jan 21, 2010.

1. redrob

redrob Scout

Blog Posts:
    I hear that smoke has bactericidal properties and that capturing the smoke from a small fire under your shirt, and while I certainly like the smell, it doesn't mean I am clean. How effective are smoke baths and how long do they need to be if so?

Thanks,
    Rob

2. backwoods

backwoods Scout

Blog Posts:
    my advice dont be afaid of whater

3. reverendCPA

reverendCPA Scout

Blog Posts:
    What exactly is whater???

I use smoke like that in my campfires, it seems to stick around for a while and does a decent job of fighting BO. I dont know any science behind it but can tell you from personal XP that it does ok. But water does work better.

4. 72shane

72shane Guest

Blog Posts:
    I've had millions of "smoke baths" but the time it really helped was on an island. You know the sticky/salty feeling from being in the ocean all day? Well the smoke bath will get rid of that! I found that out by accident when i was camping on an island and running low on water. I was miserable every night till i accidently got smoked real good...problem solved. Every day i looked forward to my buck naked smoke bath that evening...lol

5. mainewoods

mainewoods Maine Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I use Sage for a Smoke Bath ! Cleans and helps the sprits " Good ones"

6. PeterCartwright

PeterCartwright Guide

Blog Posts:
    Brown sugar brine help?:D

PC