enough rain! (pic)

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by solocanoe, Mar 22, 2012.

1. solocanoe

solocanoe Bushmaster

well...with that serious weather that went north of us on Sunday....I think we got 7" of rain

with the next few days...it's just been rain pretty much all the days and most of the nights...I lost count of the amounts...

I know my yard is so soft I can literally sink into it (quickly) with just my weight :26:

so this pic is this morning - my in-laws place on Greers Ferry.
    The boat is normally at the dock....and the dock is a floating dock....it's normally about 20-odd feet lower according to the ropes...

[​IMG]

and you normally walk down a pretty good hill to get to the dock!

ya'll had enough rain? :p

2. sotramk

sotramk Guide

used to play at Greers Ferry, coming from the Batesville area. Hope it dries out soon for ya.

3. upthecreek

upthecreek Guide

My family home was on a non-level control lake here in Virginia. Our dock was 100 yards from the house and I can remember twice, the pond beginning at the base of the steps off our front deck. Erie feeling, but real cool for canoeing and taunting the beaver!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  4. Sandcut

Sandcut Sed ego sum homo indomitus Vendor Supporter

I'd ask ya to send it our way if you could. Our groundwater table is down to late July levels and while driving by a local reservoir over the weekend I noticed that it was probably down by over 8'. The lack of snowfall this year is going to kill us I'm afraid.

The part that irks me the most is that most people keep chattering about how beautiful the weather is and how they wouldn't change the weather one bit. That is until their lawns are all burned out and there is a prohibition on washing their cars.

I hope you aren't having any problems w/ your house/basement/belongings. Squishy yards can become unsquishy. Drywall and water heaters aren't as forgiving.

5. Big_Bush

Big_Bush Banned Member Banned

Yup, like Sandcut, I'd ask as well to send that rain my way. I thought we had a dry winter last year....yeah right. I think there were maybe 5 mornings this winter I had to brush the meager inch of overnight dry snowfall off my trucks windshild. I'm used to getting up an hour early for work to dig out and chain up at least several times a Winter. Didn't chain up my faithful 2X4 Ranger once this season. As far as rain we have barely seen any. The lakes are gonna be awful low this year again in Lassen County, CA.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  6. ewtoutdoors

ewtoutdoors Guide

Hope it goes down and not cause them any damage.

7. Seeker

Seeker Woods Bum Supporter Bushclass I

That rednecky area between Baltimore and Philly.
    you need to come visit LA... no basements... everything's on a slab or piers. water heaters in some houses are actually in a little shed outside, attached to the house. even the cemetaries are above ground in some areas.

We got 10" in 24 hours... when i got home from work tuesday, the creek out back was up 3'... but by bedtime, it was back to just about normal... good drainage, i guess... and no hurricane-downed trees blocking the creeks, like back in 2005/6... some places got flooded, but i think in general, we didn't do too badly here.