Firestorm survival buckle.

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Bushcraft-kelso, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Bushcraft-kelso

Bushcraft-kelso Am are Hobbyist Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Hello bushbraws!
    It's been a long time building up to this review. Back in July I got to play with some gear from Wazoo Survival Gear. Lots of cool stuff. Well I picked up some items from their DIY section to play around with. IMG_20181008_182813.jpg This is the Firestorm patented** buckle. Wazoo was the original inventor of this buckle.
    Specs.
    Whistle ~100dB w/removable end cap.
    Firesteels 1/8" fairly soft throws great sparks.
    Mirror 3/8"X 3/4" Acrylic holds excellent clarity
    Striker/blade zirconia ceramic one side has the striker one the blade. The edges of the striker work amazing and the blade is razor sharp.
    Lifetime Warranty
    Made in USA IMG_20181008_182906.jpg This picture shows the clarity of the mirror after a month of everyday wear. Only time it was removed was so I could shower. (Yes I shower) when I have to.. anyway.. This survived the job of a millwright for a month.. where the cordage (Titan cord with a waxed jute center) the buckle is in near perfect condition. IMG_20181008_182835.jpg The ferro rod is awesome quality and combine quality ferro rod with a striker thats friggin sweet.. and you have a friggin fire! 15390428222791808982622.jpg The blade/striker.. legit.. period.
    It will strike any ferro rod like a friggin boss. Including the super tin pendant ones that make you want lightning to strike nearby. (Wazoo also has these that are awesome expect a review on their necklaces coming up. The blade is sharp like feather stick sharp. Skin an animal sharp. IMG_20181008_200105.jpg How about a waxwood stick featherstick ? Yes it will.
    Well long story short. $7 on their website in the DIY section. Well worth the money, great products in one buckle. PLUS not only is it quality, they offer individual items so one can diy.. that's pritty sweet. Wazoo also donates a portion of all purchases to our search and rescue people which is friggin sweet. These products are made by folks just like us.. for folks just like us... I think it's safe to say in a survival situation where this was all you had or a situation where you just needed it.. this could definitely save your Wazoo...

2. Bushcraft-kelso

Bushcraft-kelso Am are Hobbyist Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Oh and the whistle.. is loud enough that it gets you that look.. from the wife when it's done inside..

3. Bushcraft-kelso

Blog Posts:
    They have a larger striker available also. It's a little smaller than a guitar pick. I'll be posting a review on it here soon. Both are awesome strikers

4. NevadaBlue

NevadaBlue Graybeard Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
  5. Bushcraft-kelso

Blog Posts:
    @NevadaBlue thank you kind sir. I'm still unsure how to do that on my stoneaged phone.

6. woodsmanjohn

woodsmanjohn Supporter Supporter Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Nice I saw the bracelet in your other post buddy. I like that and I may have to pick one of those buckles some time. The old school Para bracelets I have from years ago where self-made and I had a few with a whistle closure. I have seen and like the idea of having a backup Ferro rod. Cool Review buddy.