First cache & ones you remember

Discussion in 'Geocaching' started by Lg&m, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Lg&m

Lg&m Scout

Blog Posts:
  2. Crazysanman

Crazysanman Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    My geocaching name is also CrazySanMan. If you look at my profile there, I have pictures from my favorite caches. I'm too lazy to post a link to it right now.

My absolute favorite of all is hard to say. I loved a lot of them from Yosemite and Sequoia / Kings Canyon National Parks. I really enjoy earth caches. There are a few devious local hiders (myself included) who have challenging hides that are always fun to find.

3. Lg&m

Lg&m Scout

Blog Posts:
  4. NorthExplorer

NorthExplorer Tracker

Blog Posts:
    My first one was actually when I didn't even know about geocaching. Just found a cool little box which I actually brought home, until later I got informed by my friend that it probably was a cache so I returned it haha! Fun little hobby this... :D

W.

5. brideofPaul

brideofPaul Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    My very favorite was a blank switch plate on an outdoor utility post/box. It was painted the same color as the box and stumped my brother and I for quite a while!

6. Rosh

Rosh Compulsive Maker Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    My first cache was across from my work in this little micro park I guess you'd call it . I was with my best work bud. The park was about 12'x15' with a stone archway that I believe was left over from a bigger wall and this was the gate. It was a micro and we both got a huge dorky rush. Haha. We spent the next 2 weeks spiraling out from the hospital we work at finding caches. We work nights and had babies at the time so we just busted out little 20-30 min increments of caching before our wives woke and asked why we weren't home to help with the babies. Haha.

Most memorable: found myself thigh deep in water several blocks into a system of storm drains under this business district around my house. Pretty epic!

7. teb_atoz

teb_atoz Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    Lg&m likes this.
  8. teb_atoz

teb_atoz Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    Had a mystery-multi in Denver that had 13 stages and took you all over Denver you had to have internet access to be able to open the puzzle to figure out the next stage. All markes were aluminum tags with a 13 bit hex number engraved on them. Two teams raced to be FTF it took them a week of all day caching for 7 days. FTF team finished 40 minutes ahead of second to find.

9. Lg&m

Lg&m Scout

Blog Posts:
    280 is 23'4" (280") up a tree.
    .5 k is multi the first hide is a little hard to find. In a homemade container.