First Contact

Discussion in 'BUSHCRAFT CODGERS' started by Quinlan, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Quinlan

Quinlan Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Greetings,

According to Wikipedia:
    Well, it happened to me today. The realisation I mean, for the actual event must have been before this, I just didn't pay attention till now.

So i had an annoying muscle ache in my legs. I know what it was from, I get it sometimes when running hard and fast, or when doing weights. It's the kind of fatigue that you get from exercising too vigorously without proper training first, increasing weights for weightlifting, etc.

It goes away on its own after 2-3 days as I get used to the new exercise regimen or the old one if it is just a case of returning to it after anext absence from regular exercise sessions.

This time I judged it would take slightly more, perhaps 4-5 days, still having it after 3 days. I didn't want to wait, so I filled the bathtub with hot water, threw in some Epsom salts and submerged myself for half an hour.

The aching I realised was gone like POOF the moment I was out of the water.

I am getting old gentlemen and now I think with this encounter as proof i can officially be accepted to this fine group of yours which I was unlawfully visiting up to today. :D

Regards,

Christos

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. backlasher

backlasher Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Having aches and pains certainly qualifies you.

3. Mikewood

Mikewood Guide

Blog Posts:
    A fine read.
    Now repeat after me.

“Back in my day we”:

4. central joe

central joe Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the group, BUT, just remember you'll always be a young fellar to some here. joe

5. NevadaBlue

NevadaBlue Graybeard Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    NO, no, no... having the aches and pains is normal kid stuff. Learning to live with them and just ignoring them as best as possible is for the older ones among us.

( :p )

I just grin and bear it most of the time. Some pains just need study to see how they can be useful. :14:

6. Skruffy

Skruffy Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    and I thought there would be some kind of anal probing going on ... don't worry, you'll get to that age too ... :4:

7. Skruffy

Skruffy Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    What? My last comment killed this thread? LOL :) I was just pointing out that as we age a bit, the Docs tend to dig a bit deeper. Ain't it so?

Quinlan, ExAF1N1, central joe and 2 others like this.
  8. Cueball77

Cueball77 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Now you know fellas , we tend to be like a Good aged Scotch , Bourbon or in some cases a Fine Red wine.. Mellow and Robust at the same time. We don't have any pains ?? :34::3::44::42:

Quinlan and central joe like this.
  9. oddjob35

oddjob35 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Hence I have been trying to avoid the doc since I was about 48. I try to limit it to getting repeat scrips when they finally run out, because every time I go, they start saying things like …. Now you are over 45 , or now you are over 50, or now you are over 60, there are these tests and checks that we ought to do.

I say, why? What makes you think I NEED that test and the answer is more and more often, "Oh, it is just advisable at your age"!! AND seems like over half of these so called "WELL-man" checks involve something invasive like a damn endoscope!! NO THANK YOU!! Sorry, if it has got my name on it, then ignorance is bliss as far as I am concerned. The wife who is a nurse … not so much so!! That is when the fight nagging started. LOL.

But on a serious note, she is managing to talk me around to having some tests done, especially as my grandfather died at age 89, only 3 days after being diagnosed with colon cancer!

OJ

backlasher, Surfdog, Quinlan and 2 others like this.