I recently picked up my first flint and steel kit. @Michael Presnell created this and offered it for sale last week. I was glad for the opportunity to grab it, as I always wanted to try flint and steel fire starting. The kit included a striker, flint, leather kit case and a striker knife. I added the char cloth and tin. First step was to make the char cloth. It has been awhile since I made some. Finding a true 100% cotton shirts/rags was harder than one thinks. After trying twice with some cloth that turned out not be 100% cotton I finally got some to work. Fire was started with ferro rod and dryer lint. After letting it burn down to hot coals I added the tin. Let it burn till it no longer smoked and removed from fire to cool. After a few flicks to get the hang of it, sure enough I can make it work. Into the teased jute twine tinder bundle. A lot of blowing. More than I thought it would take. I have more success. Too hot to actually have a backyard bushcrafting fire. I let it burn out. One last photo of the kit all back together. This was a lot of fun and may start an addiction. I should have tried this years ago.