WTS - First Titanium Kuksa, Titanium + Stainless Spoon

Discussion in 'Vendor-Hobbyist Classifieds' started by Park Swan, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Park Swan

Park Swan Maker Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I'm excited to be able to offer my first titanium kuksa/porringer for sale here. A thread with some more info about the initial idea and updates on my titanium work can be found in my vendor subforum.

Although the bowl shape doesn't quite match the shape of a traditional kuksa, I'm calling this a kuksa because of the idea around it's intended use. I wanted to create the one cup you need strapped to your pack when you're going off into nature for whatever reason or length of time. Titanium is perfect for this role, because it's light enough to forget about and durable enough for extended use. The vessel can serve many roles in bushcraft, camping, or even survival situations, but what's uniquely useful about a metal kuksa is the ability to boil water easily in case of an emergency, or cook.

Though made of a modern material, I wanted to give a nod to the handmade equipment that has adorned wanderers for millenia. The kuksa looks handmade because it is; both bowl and handle are forged by hand, and riveted by hand with four solid copper rivets.

The weight of this kuksa is 60.3 grams, just over 2 ounces. It holds one cup of liquid with a little room to spare.
    I'm asking $90SOLD shipped for this kuksa.

Also for sale today is a titanium spoon with a stainless "camp style" handle. I have some 1/8 stainless rod that I use for other food-related products, so I thought it would be fun to try and make lightweight handle that pays homage to messkits around the world. This spoon is 9" which is longer than the full titanium spoon I posted a few days ago, and only weighs 2 grams more, coming in at just 30 grams! I had a lot of fun thinking of how to make this attachment work, and it came out great. I don't know if I'll do it again though :)
    I'm asking $40 SOLD shipped for this hand forged titanium and stainless steel spoon. Now on to the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks so much for looking, and genuine thanks to this community as a whole, for helping me make what I consider some really fun stuff. Comments and questions are welcome, of course, and also let me know if there are any other shots of the items you'd like to see.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Keoni, wannabee, Muleman77 and 17 others like this.
  2. Park Swan

Park Swan Maker Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Titanium kuksa is SPF :)

Currahee, BrandonJ and Bitterfists like this.
  3. hues

hues Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I'll take the spoon!

Currahee and Park Swan like this.
  4. Red Wing

Red Wing Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Man, i need to get one of those ti kuksas

Currahee and Park Swan like this.
  5. Gii shi kan dug

Gii shi kan dug Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Very unique stuff here.
    Must say, I like it

Park Swan likes this.
  6. freebirdfb

freebirdfb Guide

Blog Posts:
    Interesting for sure. I'm not sure I would get along with that kuska but I'm sure there are several here that would.

Park Swan likes this.