Florida airgun hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Gathering' started by feellnfroggy, Oct 24, 2017.

1. feellnfroggy

feellnfroggy Guide

Blog Posts:
    The changes proposed for allowing airgun deer and turkey hunting are finally on the table! FWC meets on sec 6-7 to discuss the proposals for statewide airgun hunting no less than .40cal. I personally think it should be amended to. 30 Cal however any progress is good progress. Get the FWC email and take the survey to make your opinion known.

2. Florida Bullfrog

Florida Bullfrog Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I'm so excited about this I don't know what to do.

I also hope the amend the proposed rule to allow .30 and up. It will open up a much larger gun selection and there are quietness and precision advantages to the .30 and .357 airgun calibers. And they both kill deer just fine.

But like you said, any progress is good. Worst case scenario, I'll fire up the .45 Texan next season. The Texan SS should be out soon. I'm very curious about it. My brother already has a full sized Texan and it is a fine gun.

3. feellnfroggy

feellnfroggy Guide

Blog Posts:
    I got an fwc survey in the mail. I gave my tiny singular opinion about the .30. Hopefully there's a lot more tiny singular opinion.

NWPrimate likes this.
  4. feellnfroggy

feellnfroggy Guide

Blog Posts:
    I got an fwc survey in the mail. I gave my tiny singular opinion about the .30. Hopefully there's a lot more tiny singular opinion.

5. Jim L.

Jim L. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Where do you fing.air guns in those calibers? I believe Lewis and Clark had two Chec 68 cal. air rifles on their cross country expedition.

6. wisconsinwalter

wisconsinwalter Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    They are at most large air gun dealers. I had a .308 made by Jack Haley before he died.

Jim L. likes this.
  7. Florida Bullfrog

Florida Bullfrog Tracker

Blog Posts:
    A good on-line vendor is Pyramyd Air. Another one is Airgun Depot. There's probably about 60 or so readily available different make and model commercial airguns available to the American Market in the .30-.50 range .

There's also lots of custom airgun smiths out there that make guns to order.

I currently own a high powered .25 and a .30 for large game hunting. I've previously owned a .357. My brother owns a .45 that can smash cinder blocks at 100 yards.

Wasp likes this.
  8. Florida Bullfrog

Florida Bullfrog Tracker

Blog Posts:
    This regulation passed today. Starting in fall 2018, PCP air guns will be legal for deer and turkey. .30 minimum caliber for deer, .20 minimum for turkey.

tree-ratsniper and feellnfroggy like this.
  9. boomchakabowwow

boomchakabowwow Guide

Blog Posts:
    Congrats! In CA turkeys are legal with .177 and up. I still have not closed the deal with .22 PCP gun. It’s frustrating. Last two years birds were scarce and dodgy. Last day I panicked and just shoot it with the 12ga. :)

10. feellnfroggy

feellnfroggy Guide

Blog Posts:
    Good news!
    Time to upgrade the Benjamin nP2