Forum Software Upgrade question

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NevadaBlue, Mar 16, 2019.

1. NevadaBlue

NevadaBlue —- Roughian #7 -— --- Graybeard -— Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    First, is the upgrade still something that will happen?
    I am curious about the group software part of the upgrade. I have heard that in the past, groups were private unless the ‘owner’ decided to make it public. Is that true? Do you know if the upgrade will allow that?
    Also, is it possible to ignore a forum? In the past I have seen forums where specific sub forums could be ignored completely. It was a checkbox thing in the user preferences. That would be useful too.
    Just curious...

2. Guy

Guy Founder Staff Member Administrator Vendor Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    The Social Groups is a separate mod that we paid for to add to the main software. The current version is no longer supported, but we will buy the new version after we upgrade, and it is still on the To-Do list.

3. NevadaBlue

NevadaBlue —- Roughian #7 -— --- Graybeard -— Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
  4. NevadaBlue

Blog Posts:
    Will you still be using Themehouse add ons? If so, I’ll pay for this one when the time comes.

Ignore More

This add-on adds the ability for users to ignore threads and forums.

Individual threads and forums can be ignored on:
    *News feed
    *Forum list/thread list

Users can access a list of all their ignored threads/forums and easily change ignore settings from that page.

Admins can change the position of 'Ignored Threads' and 'Ignored Forums' in the Ignore More Options as well as choose to enable 'Show Ignored Content' on new posts - adding a link to the bottom of the New Posts page allowing ignored posts to be shown.

:4: