1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Found an old friend

Discussion in 'Edged Tools' started by Tradewater, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Tradewater

Tradewater Scout

Blog Posts:
    My beloved Marttiini black lumberjack had been missing for a couple of years. Found it in a pocket of a seldom used daypack.
    It's like getting a present. Anybody else like these?

[​IMG]

2. anubis1335

anubis1335 Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    I like em! Dont have one but that handle looks coooommmmfy! I love finding lost babies!

3. dcobranding

dcobranding Scout

Blog Posts:
    Harry Epstein started carrying them a few months ago. I happened to walk in just as they were unboxing their new shipment of a whole slew of models. Jori says "Hey, check these out". After holding each model, I was highly impressed (and totally geeking out). I'm excited to add one of each to my humble collection. They're almost as inexpensive as Mora.

4. Taliesin

Taliesin Guide

Blog Posts:
    I love a good looking Puukko!!!

5. Easy_rider75

Easy_rider75 Bushwhacker

Blog Posts:
    Keep looking at those myself nice lookin blade

6. Spork

Spork Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I've got one. It's a great knife and fairly inexpensive for a Puukko. The blade is thinner than what you'd normally find on a Puukko...somewhat on par with a Mora. That's not a disadvantage though...it's a great cutter and carver. I didn't get along with the flared butt, so I took it down and re-stained the handle.

[​IMG]

The M571 is made with the same blade and can be had for about the same as a Mora. I like the blades so much that I buy M571s for re-handle jobs like the one in the center of the photo...Masur Birch, reindeer antler and nickle silver bolster. I think the best price I've found on them is at SMKW, who oddly lists them as a Bait Knife

7. Tradewater

Tradewater Scout

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for that post spork. Good information to have and I will raid SMKW for bait knives the next time I'm in there. I like that blade much better than a mora.