Fundraiser For Inner City Kids Summer Camp

Discussion in 'Events' started by Kasey Marsters, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Kasey Marsters

Kasey Marsters Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone. Some of you may know I started up a non-profit Outdoor Education & Survival School for kids (fox-trick adventures) in an effort to help relieve some of the hardship kids face today from outside the home sources and in-home sources by just being available, to pass along bushcraft and wilderness skills, and involve my 4 sons so they can help peer to peer and see the great need our world has to serve at a young age. Children are more than a blessing to parents but to the world if they are raised right - because they can be "loosed" like arrows against the trouble and evil in this world.

Anyway - we're doing a fundraiser in which we will profit $0. We live in Maine and we're traveling to Montreal Canada to help with a summer camp run by La Corde & Evangile Quebec.

We'll be tying flies with kids to turn into necklaces, making paracord bracelets, hosting a cookout with hotdogs & s'mores, playing soccer and most importantly being available to listen and encourage. These kids will be coming from Quebec's largest housing project, the impoverished Cloverdale community.

Here's the ask - would you consider donating to this cause? $25 would give a kid a 2-day, fun filled, outdoor skilled based experience with lasting memories and encouragement to face the hardship of being a kid from the projects. We're looking to change lives - on the front lines of life.

For a fully itemized list of expenses and itinerary please visit this site:

https://foxtrickadventures.com/2018/06/21/mission-to-montreal-community-outreach/

Thank y'all for reading & your consideration!

2. Leshy_apprentice

Leshy_apprentice Scout

Blog Posts:
    If I recall correctly Kasey we live in the same town in Maine. I'll pm you to arrange a drop off donation because I like your idea of helping kids experience more of nature instead of growing up in IPhobe bubbles. I'm also interested to learn some details about your organization.

3. Leshy_apprentice

Leshy_apprentice Scout

Blog Posts:
  4. Kasey Marsters

Blog Posts:
    PM replied. haha - awesome!

5. Kasey Marsters

Blog Posts:
    Starting to gain some interest - thank you to those who've taken a look.

6. Kasey Marsters

Blog Posts:
  7. Leshy_apprentice

Leshy_apprentice Scout

Blog Posts:
    Just a bump to help out Kasey and let you all know I've met with him to discuss his efforts. If you are interested in helping, he legitimately cares about helping kids appreciate the outdoors in a way they can connect with it and grow from the experience.

8. Kasey Marsters

Blog Posts:
    Thanks! It was super cool meeting you - looking forward to some fishing adventures with you!

9. Kasey Marsters

Blog Posts:
    Tied with my boys last night. Here's an example of some flies we're making with the kids for necklaces. Just attaching them to necklaces with split rings. DC4E2454-0EFC-43A9-BCA4-13584E278D04.JPG

10. Kasey Marsters

Blog Posts:
    We're either going to clip the points & barbs and turn the bend in further or go with straight up necklace eye pins but still tie flies on them.