Getting rid of junk. (from our bodies)

Discussion in 'General Bushcraft Discussion' started by Chazzle, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Chazzle

Chazzle Idiot Savant Supporter

Blog Posts:
    As some of you know, the spouse and I are starting to make some (hopefully positive) life changes, starting with downgrading, getting rid of alot of our "stuff", living simpler in an RV by November 2020.

We are getting rid of alot of "junk"...but what about our bodies?

This year, the spouse and I decided to reduce the amount of artificial preservatives, cut high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), and caffeine from our diets, and focus on whole foods. It's not a Paleo diet per se, but its trying to get away from all the junk. We will focus on fresh fish (caught, and wild game if I can catch it!) fresh hamburger, chicken thats not in a solution, honey instead of table sugar. Almost a week in, and I feel my body getting rid of this junk. I think HFCS and all these processed food is whats making our bodies sick. Spouse and I drove to Amish country the other day and stocked up on tons of dried fruit, nuts, honey, and spices. At the grocery store, we basically just stayed on the outside edges of the store, produce, meats, eggs, (ventured in the center aisle for maple syrup).

So far, my body is telling me that I'm hungry all the time, but I think its just craving all the sugar that was in my diet previously. I am staying up calorie-wise so I know its just my body craving those empty carbs. (Once in a while, we have a "cheat day" but that will be once a month, because, hey life!) I will give an update in a month to tell how it goes.

I picked up this book at the Amish-run bulk food store we went to the other day:
    20190104_182949.jpg

Overall, we are cleaning out our house in preparation to moving into an RV, and in a way, we are "cleaning out our bodies" too!
    Wish us luck,

How do you get rid of "junk/toxins" in your system?

Chazz

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. Mikewood

Mikewood Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Congratulations on your new diet. Give it time and it will make a big difference.

A few things you can do for hunger. Spread out your portions. Take apples. Most are huge about 2-3 servings. So cut one in half. Eat half and Drop half in a ziplock to be eaten a couple hours later. Try whole grain crackers like dr. Cracker seedlanders. Add handfuls of nuts to your dried fruit.

Add food grade diatomaceous earth to your diet. A table spoon a day added to glass of water will really help.

Add a big swig of active apple cider vinegar followed by a glass of water.

Finally. The most important thing you can do for yourself is drink water. 4-6 quarts a day.

3. Mox wanders

Mox wanders Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Thanks awesome news! As I'm an avid health nut (though I do enjoy a slice of pecan pie every now and then) as well. Once you start, and keep with it, it no longer becomes a diet but a lifestyle change. Good luck on your journey!!!

4. gohammergo

gohammergo I like sharp things.... Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    High fructose is probably the worse thing we can do to our bodies. It is, in my opinion, the most addictive substance there is. You don't realize how much it affects you until you stop using it or anything with it.

Go for a month or so with no hfcs intake. Then drink a soda, or some juice with it. You will feel so crappy that you will swear it off for good.

On a slightly different thing, it's great to see you still advancing towards your goal! You guys can do this:) I will certainly be following along with you on your journey!

Guttersnipe, Sosteve, ExAF1N1 and 3 others like this.
  5. PACoureurDuBois

PACoureurDuBois For God and Country Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Why in the world would you want to eat dirt/sand? I mean this honestly, not in a jerkish way.

Guttersnipe, Sosteve, Lichen and 7 others like this.
  6. HP500

HP500 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Excellent post. I just started on the same path you are on. Please keep us posted on your progress

7. Mikewood

Mikewood Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I understand. There are a lot of misconceptions about DE. The first is that it’s dirt. While It is a natural mineral of silica it’s not like your eating a table spoon of top soil or cow manure. It’s food grade so it’s safe to eat as it does not have any pathogens. It’s also a major building block in our bodies and seems to help skin, bones, hair and nails. It also provides a valuable source of roughage and will clean you out so your intestines so they can digest food better. I didn’t believe it and still have my doubts about other things like bentonite clay and activated charcoal but the OP asked about supliments and i found DE to be beneficial so I thought I would share. There is a lot of crap circulating about DE that I won’t go into.

Give it a month. I bet you feel better.

Guttersnipe, Sosteve, Torrin and 5 others like this.
  8. PACoureurDuBois

PACoureurDuBois For God and Country Supporter

Blog Posts:
    As I said, wasnt meant to be in a jerkish way, and I'm glad you didnt take it as such. From my understanding DE is basically super-finely ground fossilized algae. (Correct me if im wrong)
    I'm sure there are numerous benefits "not approved by the FDA" [yeah, like we trust those (expletive deleted) pencil-pushers anyway]
    I just pictured it as eating drinking quicksand lol

9. x39

x39 Hyperborean Supporter

Blog Posts:
    After my late ex-wife left me seven years ago, I changed my diet drastically and got serious about exercise. I lost 20 lbs and it's been easy to keep off. High fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, white flour, and white sugar are all poisons in my view. I'm not a true fanatic about it, I will eat a fast food burger if I'm in the city, but that only happens a couple of times a year. Getting quality meat can be expensive, but once a person has had it the run of the mill stuff is pretty disappointing. Isn't it odd how anyone who tries to maintain a healthy lifestyle in our culture is labeled a health "nut"?

10. gohammergo

Blog Posts:
    It is odd. And I never thought about it that way before. :) I think it is because society as a whole knows we are not healthy and don't eat or live that way. We probably want to be healthy but it's too much work. So we ostracize those who strive for that goal.

My take on it. :)

I get commentary from some family members because I preach healthy eating and exercise. And then I hear from my wife and daughter how they feel fat?

As I say over and over, it is a choice to make. Choose fruit and veggies over doughnuts and pizza. Choose a short walk over a nap, or go for a walk before the nap. Choose water over soda pop. It's not easy at first, but once you start to feel better it does get easier.

Guttersnipe, Sosteve, Torrin and 7 others like this.
  11. Angus McGunnigl

Angus McGunnigl Guide

Blog Posts:
    When I need to “detox”, I drink lots of fluids and drink my weird concoction of chicken broth(homemade), garlic powder, curry powder and a few drops of Tabasco. It seems to be a cure-all for me and I will just a have 4-5 mugs of that for the day and lots of water. 24 hrs of that and I feel wonderful.

12. XMP

XMP Mountain Man

Blog Posts:
    There are certain supplements that can assist in trying to cleanse your system, like chlorella. It works, but make sure you start very gradually or it will cleanse you suddenly and explosively.

13. bosque bob

bosque bob Guide

Blog Posts:
    First off - Well Done.

Lots of good suggestions on what works for others and I'm sure you'll find what works for you and yours in short order. Sorry. Add some moderate aerobic exercise and go because "sometimes feeling good is good enough".

When reducing the size of the kitchen you might consider a good size pressure cooker (4 maybe 6 qt), if you don't already have one. Lots of folks already do, I know. I use mine all winter long to make stuff and it's not only all around very economical but another way to decide just what I eat or don't.

There are a bazillion books on diet and nutrition on the market. I used to recommend Michael Pollan's In Defense Of Food as a good read in this area.

14. KFF

KFF Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Smart move, one might say!

Clean food is a luxury for so many.
    For us Finns it's just a matter of choice, available everywhere. Still folk struggle, learning to cook seems to be so hard.
    I teach our kids all the time, even the six year old can make a dinner with ground meat. When they move out one day, they'll all get a book called "home food". It's a 100 years old recipe book, every edition is modernized a bit, but the idea is basic staple foods, prepping the ingredients, health, baking, preserving etc.

15. x39

Blog Posts:
    Not only does it get easier, the "foods" that are unhealthy begin not only to taste like crap, but to make you feel lousy after you've eaten them.

16. backlasher

backlasher Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    In general, Europeans don't use all the additives and preservatives we do and food in Europe tastes wonderful. In some countries shopping for meals is a major undertaking, with the walking they do you almost never see an overweight person.

17. Ol Grizz

Ol Grizz Scout

Blog Posts:
    Congrats @Chazzle and @x39 (and anyone else going through the same). It's a tough road for sure. Lots of temptation and hidden ingredients out there. I went full paleo almost 2 years ago. Dropped 85 pounds in 9 months and have kept it off. You learn to read labels on anything you buy that isn't "natural state" (like a cut of meat, a carrot, an apple, etc). It's truly astounding how much junk gets infiltrated into food products that have no business being there. Not to mention things like 4 different kinds of sugar in one recipe. Sorry, rant off.

18. KFF

KFF Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    @backlasher only seen us shops on tv but have made some assumptions about the normality of morbid obesity.

I feel bad about using Shiracha sause because of MSG and it's the only thing with something like this in the kitchen.

If I look at tonights dinner the only "additive" is the iodine in the salt.

Everything else is clean, half of it organic, mostly local and way cheaper than anything ready made (liver steaks with onions in cream for adults, ground beef with tomatoes and cream for kids, mash for all.).

Edit: Hormones are forbidden in meat production and antibiotics only allowed for disease and with long quarantine periods, some meds cause lifelong slaughter ban. If you need to give a human use Ab eye drops to a foal/calf even once, it get's the ban, even if it lives to thirty. And if it get's the infection, the owner/farmer call's the vet to come and prescribe it on the same day.

Every farm has a medication log from birth to slaughter and as we are silly sticklers when it comes to rules, the logs are accurate.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  19. DixiePreparedness

DixiePreparedness Supporter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    The “junk” is all this processed “fake foodstuffs” that have been forcefed to our society.

We have people that obsess about the brand/grade of gasoline they put into their automobiles, but eat the nastiest “food” they can find in the name of “nutrition”.

Wanna be healthy ???

Cut out ....
    Margarine (odorless, tasteless, non-nutritive paste developed to make turkeys GAIN WEIGHT FASTER... then discontinued in the poultry industry because the turkeys were smart enough to refuse it. And it killed the ones who ate it)

Sugar substitutes
    Meat substitutes
    Soybean additives (we are not cows)
    “Fake foods”
    Sodas
    Alcohol
    Non digestable spices (like black pepper)

Add in.....
    -Real cane sugar
    -Real Butter
    -Real MEAT (not processed gelatin crap from soybeans)
    -FARM grown local meats (no BGH, injected brines, and feed additives that are harmful to humans and cause problems .... like 10 year old girls wit DD breasts)
    -Local produce
    -Real fresh eggs
    -WHOLE milk and dairy (without modification)

And.... REAL SALT. Without enough SODIUM in your diet, your body cells cannot perform the functions that they are intended to perform.
    Extreme Low sodium will cause your heart to STOP beating. Yet people try to eat “no sodium” without a diagnosed reason for it.

Also, Get away from chlorinated fluoridated water

When your food has labels with scores unpronounceable additives, then you are eating the wrong stuff.

I am 53.
    I carry a few pounds extra. 5’6” @205#
    My last checkup my BP was 130/80
    Resting resp rate of 12.
    No daily/regular medications.
    No permanent illnesses

I must be doing something right.

20. DixiePreparedness

Blog Posts:
    It is what theyvdo AFTER your beef gets to cargil or swift, and in feedlots, that would sicken your stomach.
    You would be in shock if you saw what I have seen in the processing plants. (and poultry is worse)

What beef plants inject into meat to keep it plump/juicy/red is why I cringe at “big chain store” meats.
    And why would I want meat that was processed, packaged, frozen, and took two weeks (or longer) to get to the chinamart meat case ???

21. Wildcrow

Wildcrow Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Other than alcohol, we are pretty “junk” free. I enjoy alcohol, but it’s time to give it up for a spell. When I put the bottle down, I have intense candy cravings, leading me to believe sugar is the number one enemy there. We produce all of our own meat and about 50% of our veggies in our large garden. Wild game and farm chickens/ducks/rabbits/hogs have taught us more about what meat actually tastes like. The lady bakes fresh bread every other day and we eat home cooked meals for nearly every meal. I eat like a Denny’s Champ, but look like a triathlete because our food is harvested, cleaned, prepared, and served right here at home.

We did the minimalism thing at first, but self sufficiency is teaching us the value in having all the tools to do the job. This, contrary to what it may seem like, means we have lots of stuff here. We try to keep everything to a “need to own” basis, which falls in line with minimalism. But I’m getting off topic.

We salt our meat, freeze our freezables, eat fresh in season, and hunt wild game whenever I can. No artificial “cancer causers” in this House, ecxcept alcohol.

22. GoodPhotos

GoodPhotos Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Deep in wild wooded Western foothills of Maine
    I'm 51 and 5'9".
    The 1st of August I was 205lbs. All of my joints ached all of the time. I was out of breath at the top of the stairs. I had to hold my breath to bend over to tie my boots. All of my clothing was tight and restrictive. My cholesterol, liver enzymes and blood sugar levels were WAY too high. (and my good cholesterol, way too low.)

After nearly a decade of this all creeping up on me, I decided to change how I eat. (rather than 'go on a diet.')

I now AVOID:
    • Grains – wheat, corn, rice, cereal, etc.
    • Sugar – In ANY form...HFCS, cane, honey, agave, maple syrup, etc. (I'm also staying away from the processed sugar substitutes other than Stevia and Monkfruit on occasion.)
    • Fruits – apples, bananas, oranges, etc.
    • Tubers – potato, yams, etc.
    • Legumes - beans, beans, beans (other than peanuts...they're OK in moderation.)
    I greatly ENJOY:
    • Meats – fish, beef, bison, venison, lamb, pork, poultry, eggs, etc.
    • Leafy Greens – spinach, kale, lettuces, greens, etc.
    • Above ground vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, radishes, zucchini, brussels, green beans, etc.
    • High Fat Dairy – hard cheeses, high fat cream, butter, etc.
    • Nuts and seeds – macadamias, walnuts, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, hazel nuts, etc.
    • Avocado and berries – raspberries, blackberries, and other low glycemic impact berries
    • Sweeteners – stevia & monkfruit
    • Other fats – extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, high-fat salad dressing, saturated fats, avocado oil, etc.

This morning I weighed 173lbs. ALL of my 'bad' numbers have drastically improved as well. (My doc is elated with me.) My clothing all fits loose and I have gained back stamina that I haven't had since my 30s. I'm not constantly hungry. I don't 'crave' sugar any more, but if I want A cookie, I eat A damn cookie, knowing that that ONE cookie will satisfy my want of a cookie for at least the rest of the week. No guilt. It's not 'cheating', it's just common sense that A cookie isn't going to kill me, because I know that I feel WAY better for not eating a BAG of cookies as I used to.

Glad to hear that what you are doing is working for you as well.

23. KFF

KFF Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    @DixiePreparedness can't even imagine that stuff, here the company would be in court so fast.

The only thing extra is that some meat stuff is packed with (fart smelling) gas but usually I don't get even that.

24. 1911srule

1911srule Scout

Blog Posts:
    My Mom was diabetic, we learned to live without all the sugary crap in our house. I drink green tea , about a gallon a day. Avoid all fast food when out. Taking D-3, and curcumin/ turmeric daily. I'm in pretty good shape overall. I'd LIKE to lose 20 pounds I don't need...

25. x39

Blog Posts:
    On the additives, a while back the local store had these big "roaster" chickens on sale cheap, so I bought one figuring it would feed me for a week. First thing I noticed when unwrapping it was the amount of water that came out of the package. I've killed and butchered quite a few critters, and never had water pout out of the carcass. Having roasted it, when I sat down to eat it I couldn't believe how salty it was, way down deep in the meat. It was salty to the point of almost being unpleasant. At the end of nearly a week of eating this thing, I had gained 2.5 pounds. As soon as I went back to my normal fare, that dropped right off again. I'm thinking all that salt was the culprit there.

26. OrienM

OrienM Guide

Blog Posts:
    Good post, and congrats on cutting the junk from your diet. My rule of thumb is basically, "if I can't pronounce the ingredients, I shouldn't eat it", lol. Fresh (preferably wild) meat, fresh fruit, nuts and veggies, and whole grains are best IMO. I'm hypoglycemic, so I have to be careful what I eat and when, or I'll feel like crap.

As somebody who's been interested in hunter/gather cultures for most of my life, I think not having to forage our own food is an issue, too..we evolved to walk miles a day in search of calories, not to sit around the house piling them in.

27. Appalachian

Appalachian Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Good idea for a thread, watch/learning.

Many thanx to Chazzle.

Sosteve likes this.
  28. jswi2374

jswi2374 Woods Bum Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Not a resolution per se but since Jan. 1 I've been drinking 32 oz. of water first thing every morning. I'm drinking less coffee, eating less for breakfast, and smoking less in the morning. On the downside, my bladder hasn't adjusted to the new program so I'm running to the bathroom 2-3 times each morning also.

Sosteve and Chazzle like this.
  29. Chazzle

Chazzle Idiot Savant Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Week 1 completed!

To get past my soda cravings, I had a sparkling water (no sweetener)...seems to help. Had a breakfast of an egg fried in EVOO, apple slices and celery w/ peanut butter for lunch...dinner is a poached tilapia filet with lemon zest w/ steamed zucchini.

I'm thinking I'm doing well so far... I start back to work tomorrow, we'll see how that goes! I have to be careful, My classroom I teach in is nut-free for a kid with a severe allergy so I have to be carefule what I bring for lunch.

1 week down!

Chazz

KFF, Sosteve, Mr. Tettnanger and 3 others like this.
  30. gohammergo

Blog Posts:
    It all starts with one step!

31. Park Swan

Park Swan Maker Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Good on you!

Do whatever it takes to get over the hump! Once you get past the initial cravings, you won't even want the empty carbs. Cut out sugar for long enough and it actually begins to work for you like it's supposed to. What I mean is, if you aren't eating a lot of sugar, eating an apple can really give you an energy and mood boost.

32. TrespassersWilliam

TrespassersWilliam Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Simple, one-ingredient foods are easy.

Some people can feel "deprived" with that diet.
    Clean-ingredient convenience/packaged foods aren't always economical.
    So we went the homestead/maximalist route with a heavy-duty food processor and bulk purchasing.

Sosteve, Wildcrow and Chazzle like this.
  33. GoodPhotos

GoodPhotos Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Deep in wild wooded Western foothills of Maine
    Like SINGLE malt!
    ;)

Sosteve, Park Swan, plue and 4 others like this.
  34. bosque bob

bosque bob Guide

Blog Posts:
    Good going on the first week, well done indeed.

At some point you might notice a knock on effect where health is concerned . Make one or a few positive changes and others come easier. Maybe it's not so much a case of cutting things out as it is making different selections. Most of us are fortunate to have a wide range of choices available and that can be an adventure in itself.

Sosteve, JasonJ and Chazzle like this.
  35. Wildcrow

Wildcrow Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I’ve heard the Wal Mart rotisserie hens are brined before roasting. That’s like pickling an uncooked bird, except it’s only a salt solution. That’ll help you keep your waistline spreading. Real chicken tastes lemony. Wal Mart chicken tastes like McDonalds French fries... salty. In fact, rubbery.

Sosteve, Chazzle and x39 like this.
  36. Ol Grizz

Ol Grizz Scout

Blog Posts:
    @GoodPhotos , sounds like you've gone paleo too. Congrats on the positive changes. Since every person's body reacts differently to different foods, "my version" of paleo includes an occasional tuber (like maybe once a week) and maybe a piece of fruit for dessert (or an apple with a few nuts is lunch due to the filling fiber).

When I changed my nutrition I was 57 years old, stood 6'1", and weighed 255lbs. At this point (59) I'm still the same height, weigh 170lbs, with a resting heart rate of 45 bpm and a blood pressure of 110/60. Exercise is my friend (I do "something" every day) and I rarely eat a meal away from home (maybe once a month or less). At home, food is almost always a single ingredient (or several single ingredients in a soup), as organic as possible, and either produced by my family or one of my neighbors. My only traditional vices are good cigars (5 or 6 per year, only when camping with friends) and alcohol (craft beer or fine bourbon, about 1 drink per week).

37. Park Swan

Park Swan Maker Vendor

Blog Posts:
    :eek: I need to step up my cardio game, 45bpm is downright inspiring!

Ol Grizz, Sosteve and Chazzle like this.
  38. HP500

HP500 Guide

Blog Posts:
    If anyone has any healthy recipes, perhaps they could post them. I have green smoothie every day for breakfast, but I could use some lunch and dinner ideas.

39. Blackhawk45hunter

Blackhawk45hunter Pronounced sim-bee-duh Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    To help with the hunger, try a week of ‘intermittent fasting’. Basically you pick an 8 hour window to eat and don’t even look at food the other 16 hours. The first two days are rough but once your body adjusts, you stop feeling hungry all the time. I started the Keto diet back in October along with intermittent fasting and lost 10 pounds in a month. I started feeling a lot more energetic, was almost never hungry between meals, and became a lot more productive.

Its amazing how much sugar and carbs weigh us down, and we don’t even realize it.

Congrats on the dietary changes and I wish you guys the best of luck!

squishware, Jetjr, Sosteve and 3 others like this.
  40. marbleman

marbleman Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I used to work outdoors, I drank a lot of water because it was often hot. Now I work indoors, and I find myself snacking on crap because I'm bored, and there's snack machines at work. I have taken to an odd habit. I like spicy things, so I keep sauce packets of Taco Bell 'Fire' sauce at my desk. I suck one of those down, then I'm thirsty, and drink a lot of water. It gives me a blast of flavor that I mostly like, and encourages me to drink more water, and eat less crap.

KFF and Sosteve like this.
  41. BradGad

BradGad Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    That’s a really good nudge for all of us.

And I think you’ve got a winning line there. A lot of people — especially us guys — often dig our heals in when you start talking about things like eating right and making life style changes. But, if you say “You clean out your garage don’t you? Or your shop or your shed? And doesn’t that feel great?” Then they say “Well yeah,” and you got ‘em! :)

I’ve been working with an ayurvedic practioner for several months. The changes she’s suggested for me have had immediate and clear payoffs.

One easy and — for me at least — enjoyable change is drinking a tall glass of warm water with half a lemon squeezed into it each morning. That stopped my nighttime acid reflux immediately, keeps me super regular, and really seems to keep my matabolism tuned nicely. I’d recommend this to everyone.

42. Riverpirate

Riverpirate Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I need to get back on the lemon. I was doing that but quit. Not sure why just ran out of lemons and did no buy any more.

I can't drink vinegar at all....I can't even smell it.

Sosteve, Chazzle and BradGad like this.
  43. BradGad

BradGad Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Yeah... I tried apple cider vinegar and couldn’t stick with it.

44. DixiePreparedness

Blog Posts:
    They use an apparatus like a heavy wire brush, except it is injection needles.
    They inject “brine” into the meat.

Beef and pork is done the same way.

45. IA bbmw

IA bbmw Scout

Blog Posts:
    Moderation is the key, I have learned that whenever I see any of the "absolute words" (always, never, all, none,etc.) that it is time to do some research. For instance, "cut out ALL sugar", at the cellular level (I am super simplifying here), after whatever food you eat has been digested and broken down, the energy source for your cells is glucose, a sugar, if you cut out ALL sources of it, your cells will die, you will die, a complete lack of sugar will kill you faster than too much.
    I am talking about salt, sugar, fat, carbs, etc. here, not the chemicals and preservatives, those are generally bad.
    My point is that diets that restrict ALL of something generally have a downside that is not usually told by the promoters of said diet, and require careful research on YOUR part, for instance, if you cut out all red meat you will have trouble getting enough iron and B vitamins.
    Our ancestors, after a successful mastodon hunt, probably ate very little besides meat for a few days, but they had to work really hard to process it to cook and cook it, plus all of the other things that had to be done to stay alive, so they burned it off, today not so much.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Sosteve and OrienM like this.
  46. perdidochas

perdidochas Guide

Blog Posts:
    For the hunger, drink more water, and eat more produce.

Sosteve likes this.
  47. Jetjr

Jetjr Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Works extremely well, most days I only eat in about a 2-4 hour window now. Don't feel bad anymore if I eat out of that schedule anymore.

Sosteve and Blackhawk45hunter like this.
  48. x39

Blog Posts:
    I've been thinking about this and keep envisioning some unspeakably horrible apparatus on an alien space ship... :eek:

Sosteve, bosque bob and KFF like this.
  49. Ol Grizz

Ol Grizz Scout

Blog Posts:
    Park Swan said:
    "I need to step up my cardio game, 45bpm is downright inspiring!"

Thanks, @Park Swan, but it's not cardio. It's mostly just being more fit overall, doing hard workouts occasionally, and meditation & relaxation practices. That being said, all told I devote less than 30 minutes per day to all of it and some days much less. It's doable.

Sosteve, KFF and Park Swan like this.
  50. KFF

KFF Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Sosteve likes this.