1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Going over fishing gear

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Gathering' started by plumberoy, Jan 1, 2017.

1. plumberoy

plumberoy Guide

Blog Posts:
    I have been going through my fishing gear. Getting ready for next fishing season . Here is my stuff list
    Tenkara
    TenkaraUSA
    13'6" amigo
    12' Iwana
    Fountain head
    11' stonefly
    Wetfly
    8' komodo creek
    Cuban yoyos
    1-9 in 50 lb test
    3-6 in 30 lb test
    2- 4 3/4. 14 lb test
    I have ordered a 3.5 in aluminum yoyo . It should be here Tuesday
    I also have a 10 ft 14 ft bream poles plus a 7ft and 8ft cheap telescopic poles
    I am going through and restocking my terminal tackle . I use several small tackle boxes set up for what I am fishing for
    I have 15_20 conventional rods and reels but haven't used them I a couple of years
    Roy

Luafcm, SVTvin and wascloth like this.
  2. okcaveman

okcaveman Scout Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I'd be embarrassed to list my fishing gear. I love tenkara, but never see me giving up the conventional stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. plumberoy

plumberoy Guide

Blog Posts:
    That isn't all my gear by a long shot. I never set out to give up conventional fishing gear . Every winter I go through my gear, I clean up reels reline as needed and restock terminal tackle. Then I it up. This is the gear that was out , from this past year. Last year( 2015) 2 of my catfish rods were used once. Tenkara rods and cuban yoyos are easier to carry on a bike or kayak or to stash in the car just in case is the main reason they get more use
    Roy