Goruck Xmas in July

Discussion in 'Gear Deals' started by Odinborn, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Odinborn

Odinborn Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Broke, Harper, actichy and 3 others like this.
  2. kenosis

kenosis Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Also, if you're a teacher, student, veteran, first responder, or law enforcement the 25% discount stacks. Hooray!

3. WFR

WFR Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the heads up @Odinborn !
    Just ordered a Bullet 15L with Sternum strap for $105 shipped with veteran discount.

4. Odinborn

Blog Posts:
    @WFR I only have the Rucker 20L, but I've been giving the Bullet a good hard look. I can't decide if I want the 10L or 15L.

Outdoor Dauber and WFR like this.
  5. WFR

WFR Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Being a bit bigger dude, I went with the 15L after a good bit of reading today.

6. Odinborn

Blog Posts:
    I'm not a big dude at all. 5'7" and 160#.

I would have bought the Bullet immediately when it went on sale if it was better suited to the 20lbs ruck plate, or if I owned a 10lbs plate.

Outdoor Dauber likes this.
  7. WFR

WFR Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    After seeing the costs of the ruck plates, I decided to just go old school and add my own weights/sandbags, etc.

8. Odinborn

Blog Posts:
    I finally made a decision and went with the 15L Bullet. I have a small frame but my neck is fairly wide, so I don't want the 10L straps digging into it.

Also, when you read reviews about the Bullet, some people consider the 15L one of the best packs made by Goruck.

LMT66 and WFR like this.
  9. LMT66

LMT66 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    They are having another sale and certain items that are currently Made in the USA and in stock will be the last batch before they switch production to Saigon, Vietnam.

https://blog.goruck.com/news/the-state-of-goruck-2019-elite-not-elitist/

"Here’s the announcement you won’t want to miss:

• We’ll continue to build limited edition GR1’s in the USA; Black GR1’s and a couple other colorways will be built overseas (specifically in Saigon) moving forward. Rucker and GR2: same deal. The price on rucks built overseas will be less, so this is in essence an announcement of some (but not all) overseas manufacturing and a price decrease to our core rucksacks.
    • For example, GR1’s Built in the USA version has been at $395. The models built in Saigon will be at $295.
    • The model for us, USA vs overseas is this: where we can provide more value through customization and limited edition colorways and features, we’ll build those in the USA. We’ll build classic versions to scale, at quality, overseas.

In terms of scale rucks, GR1 Black and GR2 Black and the Rucker and a couple other colors have moved to overseas production. The black Built in USA options currently on our site are all that remain from domestic production. When they’re gone, built in Saigon versions will be for sale at a reduced price of $295 for GR1. The Limited Edition GR1 Built in USA options will cost a premium above that. A lot of Limited Editions moving forward will run through GORUCK Workshop, where you pre-order a colorway or a style that will not see mass production. Timeline to deliver will be something in the neighborhood of three months, and you’ll have to put your money down at the outset and we’ll have a better gauge for demand before we move to production, therefore reducing overall inventory holding costs of our USA Built Limited Edition GR1’s. Time will tell what the blend of GR1’s that we build becomes. What styles, where we build them, etc. That will be a question only our community can decide. We’re now positioned to scale up to whatever you want, which allows us to provide the most value, to you."

10. kenosis

kenosis Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I hate to ask this, and I apologize in advance ... but what am I missing regarding the allure of this pack? $395 is more than the price of a Kifaru X-Ray.

11. LMT66

LMT66 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Well, it's built for their rucking events so it's built like a brick outhouse. It'll carry #50 and not break and it does not sag at all like most packs with that weight in it. The more weight you put in, the more you realize the design is well executed. If it breaks, they will fix it for free with the SCARS Program.
    But wait, there's more!
    It's a great overnight, weekend bag if you pack light. Perfect for one of your carry-on bags for flying.
    It is office friendly in looks and design. (protected laptop compartment and files inside in the elastic pocket along with 3 well thought out zipper pockets for your do-dads)
    It is woods friendly by design.
    It has a lot of pluses and not many minuses.
    It is a super easy pack to work out of. Doesn't have pockets and compartments protruding out all over the place. Very streamlined pack.

You'll either love it or hate it if you buy one.