1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Belts

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ljcsov, Sep 9, 2017.

1. ljcsov

ljcsov Scout

Blog Posts:
    What do you use? I currently use a 5.11 TDU belt, which is a single layer nylon set up. It works pretty decently but does could offer some additional support. I tried the 5.11 trainer belt and that is a double layer rigger belt. It was really disappointed, as the bulky buckle made it difficult to tighten the belt to get an acceptable fit. The double layering was negated by the extra slack, letting my firearm flop about.

alukban likes this.
  2. GunGoBoom

GunGoBoom I'm not lost, I've just misplaced myself. Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    savage99nc and ljcsov like this.
  3. ljcsov

ljcsov Scout

Blog Posts:
  4. GunGoBoom

Blog Posts:
    In that case the Daltech has been great for me. I've been using it daily for about a year and a half and it still supports everything just like new.

ljcsov likes this.
  5. Huey

Huey Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Hanks for me. Guarantee for 100 years.

ljcsov likes this.
  6. Unistat76

Unistat76 Nerd Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I'm a little ocd about matching gear. Color and materials. It's either kydex and nylon or canvas and leather.

Two black nylon Wilderness Instructors' belts (the original.) Made in the USA. One is 1.5" for daily use and one is 2" for work. Both have the plastic stiffener, so pretty stiff.. Both are over 10 years old and going strong. About $45 each.

A black cowhide leather from Cabela's. Hencho en China. 1 1/4" and moderately stiff. About 7 years old and in relatively good shape. Probably should polish and saddle soap it. $50.

Tactical Tailor duty belt. Made in the USA. 2" but designed to wear over the pants belt (my 1.5" Wilderness.) Very stiff. Two years old. I don't wear it at work, I have it set up for a bushcraft belt. On sale $25.

A brown cowhide leather 1.5" belt. Made in the USA. Two months old. Stiffer than the Wilderness belts, but I expect that to loosen up over time. It's part of my new traditional homage kit. I'm taking up leatherworking just to make matching accessories. $40 at a gun show!

ljcsov likes this.
  7. Mr. Tettnanger

Mr. Tettnanger Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Beltman

ljcsov likes this.
  8. dannyp

dannyp Tracker

Blog Posts:
    There are two belts I alternate between. The first one is this SOE EDC belt. It is nice and rigid, but only the small dark blue part feeds through the buckle so there isn't any slack. It has been very durable. In fact, aside from some slight finish wear on the buckle it looks brand new after using it for around a year. I wear this one most of the time because I like the velcro adjustment better than holes.

SOE.jpg

I also have this Lenwood Conveyor Belt when I want something non-tacticool. It's inexpensive and really tough since it's made from conveyor belt material for farm equipment. The only downside is that it's super grippy which makes it hard to feed through belt loops. The plus side to that is once you get it on stuff stays put. It also makes racking a pistol slide one handed really easy.

[​IMG]
    Oh, and if you don't like the smell of new tires then this probably isn't the belt for you. It takes a little while for it to air out and lose the smell.

FreeMe, alukban and savage99nc like this.
  9. GunGoBoom

Blog Posts:
    The Lenwood looks really interesting.

10. dannyp

dannyp Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I first heard about it from another member here in a previous thread. It fills the role of being inexpensive yet heavy duty. Definitely not dressy, but a good casual belt. Two other things that I didn't mention are the keeper is leather and and the buckle is replaceable. I got mine from Midway.

GunGoBoom likes this.
  11. Grouse870

Grouse870 Scout

Blog Posts:
  12. RackinRay

RackinRay Tracker

Blog Posts:
  13. RebelYell

RebelYell Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Galco 1-1/2" gun belt...EDC. Belt holds gun, knife, ammo, the suspenders holds the belt & pants up.

IMG_0011.JPG

PeterCartwright and alukban like this.
  14. YacoltWose

YacoltWose Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Southwest Washington (formerly known as ORWose)
    I use a Wilderness riggers belt in nylon, or a Aker belt in leather. Both have the polymer lining and they do a great job of supporting a heavy handgun.

Unistat76 likes this.
  15. Skeptiksks

Skeptiksks Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I love my lenwood leather conveyor belt. It is made out of, you guessed it, a piece of conveyor belt used in agriculture. Its solid, utilitarian, and pretty hard to F up. Been wearing it for about two years now and besides some normal wear from my holster and pants, it looks about the same as it did the day it arrived. No real reason to get a different belt for me, unless one wants something a bit more fancy.

http://www.lenwood.com/shop/belts/

dannyp likes this.
  16. Tye

Tye Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Well my wife says I have a gun, flashlight, knife,bag fetish. Might as well add belts to it too. I'm currently wearing a Tuff-Belt I bought at LAPolice Gear. But I also wear an old black leather Sam Brown, and I have a Duluth brown lifetime belt. During hunting season I wear a riggers belt. Hey shoes do need to match the belt brown to brown, black to black.

17. Wasp

Wasp Supreme Knotter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I've been using a 5:11 ARC leather for two years and I love it. It's pretty stiff and hasn't had any noticeable stretch. I've carried G19 and Sig 239, Springfield 1911 CMDR with zero issues. For $44 it's a great deal, I was going to go more expensive but haven't needed too since I got this one. It also looks like a normal belt.

18. 1Jesster

1Jesster Guide

Blog Posts:
    I made mine out of a 1.75 inch strap of saddle leather I picked up at a tack store for about $16. Stiff enough to support my 4" Springfield XD, but comfortable enough to be an everyday belt when I'm not carrying.

1Jesster

19. Tye

Tye Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Bladetech has a new belt out their calling the ultimate carry belt it's made by Nexbelt for them a collaboration of some kind. I've got one guy I know who has one they make it in leather and nylon and I think in a couple colors. He seems to like it.

20. Bax 40

Bax 40 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Wilson Combat carries a good line of belts and leather, the sharkskin gets better looking the more you use it.

Pricey but lasts forever.

Larry

Roughneck75 likes this.
  21. ljcsov

ljcsov Scout

Blog Posts:
    I customized the 5.11 trainer belt last night by cutting off the goofy velcro system and cut the belt to length. So far, I think I like it, but I may have to try some other options!

22. Simplejack

Simplejack Tracker

Blog Posts:
    30 dollar gun belt store inside of ebay. Single strip of 1/4" bull hide made by amish folks. Ive carried a stainless sig p220 for 8 or more hours a day since jan and its lovely. I the kevlar and steel reimforced are a gimmick and will pinch my hips when im hoping in and out of trucks.

23. Cwlongshot

Cwlongshot Guide

Blog Posts:
    I wore out two Safariland gun belts. The double thick ones with the liner... I changed over to a Wilderness tactical operator style and LOVE THEM! Been wearing them for more then ten years. The Velcro is just beginning to go and its time for a new one here too... MAN have they gone UP IN COST!!

CW

Crusher0032 likes this.
  24. Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Scout

Blog Posts:
    My gun belt is self made from 2 1/4" 10/11 oz. steer hide with a U.S. military Sam Brown buckle. It is the same width as the old GI web belt. I've got to find a new photo host before I post anymore pics.

'drif

25. Medic17

Medic17 Supporter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I use the slimmer reinforced Wilderness belt.
    Its going on 8 years. It owes me nothing!

Cwlongshot likes this.
  26. Alan2442

Alan2442 Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
  27. RussM

RussM Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Simply Rugged Belts and Holsters! I have two of their 1.75" double layer belts.

brionic likes this.
  28. brionic

brionic Blissful simpleton Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Simply Rugged Real Man's gunbelt - mine has been worn daily (generally) for ten years and is still good looking, sound, and functional. I'll retire it, soon, because I want one in bison hide.

Roughneck75 likes this.
  29. bobc

bobc Scout

Blog Posts:
    big foot gun belts.....custom made to your size.....It is my edc belt and gun belt....they are 2 layers of leather .....mine is 1.5"....they also have ones with metal sown into the belt....

Bob.

ljcsov and Cwlongshot like this.
  30. Ptpalpha

Ptpalpha Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I've gone through a few, currently EDC a cheap Bison after sadly realizing that rocking a Cobra buckle doesn't work for me, but my next one is either going to be the Volund Atlas slim or more likely the Dynamis Alliance low pro in 1.5".

31. Swampdog

Swampdog Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    004.jpg This is my hunting gun belt made by @highcountry of Blue Granite Bushcraft, a local vendor on BCUSA, it's the 2" wide Bushcraft Duty Belt.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      48.9 KB
      Views:
    Guy and brionic like this.
  32. Ptpalpha

Ptpalpha Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Those Blue Granite belts are incredible deals. If I were in the market for a leather gun belt I wouldn't look any further.
    I'm currently trying hard to come up with a reason to buy one anyway. They're really, really nice.

ljcsov likes this.
  33. Lee C.

Lee C. Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Mernicle custom, with full "gunfighter style" stitching,ranger buckle and two small conchos....holster and cartridge slide also mernicle. Got some go fast tactical warbelt too..(hsgi, g code and hsgi taco mag pouches,etc). That being said, my mernicle wears every day and carries a 4 inch Smith M66, or now a M686 SSR... Works great for me.. all the tactical gear waits in closet...meh, just ain't my deal anymore...

34. masiaka

masiaka Scout

Blog Posts:
    I've tried a few. My favorites were always the thickest, stiffest variety. A 1.5" simply rugged ultra thick leather belt worked well, but was a challenge to get through standard belt loops. A 5.11 reversible black/tan nylon belt with kydex sandwiched in the middle was thin enough to go through belt loops and thick enough, but I didn't like the plastic slider. A single layer nylon webbing belt from (now defunct, name now used by another company) Spec Ops Tactical was/is great for carry. Some of the double ring 5.11 belts are my go to when I can't carry, but they're too flimsy for me. And my girlfriend consistently has trouble getting them off. :34:The 5.11 reinforced leather belts really work for me, but I only really wear them at work or when I dress up. I don't like standard belt buckles with holes. Infinitely adjustable belts are just easier to get off when my Crohn's makes me hurry to the bathroom. My newest belts are from SOE Tactical. An EDC belt and a Cobra Duty belt. The smaller cobra buckle of the EDC belt makes putting it on easier and the cobra buckles are fast to undo for going to the bathroom. The Duty belt really only works with extra wide belt loops because of how stiff it is, but I like it. Of them all, the SOE EDC belt is my favorite. I'm thinking of trying the SOE low profile EDC belt next, though. Like holsters, gun belts are tough to find that work perfectly.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017 at 12:22 PM
    ljcsov likes this.
  35. Kendo

Kendo Guide Lifetime Supporter

Blog Posts:
  36. Kendo

Kendo Guide Lifetime Supporter

Blog Posts: