Hey guys has anyone been out lately?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by swamprat, Jul 31, 2013.

1. swamprat

swamprat Guide

Blog Posts:
    My son Zach & I went to the Kissatchie Bayou camp ground and hung our hammocks the weekend after the 4th of July. It was a great trip, the bass and bream were just dying to hit my flies the next morning. The water was cool enough to make it great to wade and it is a great place to fly fish.

2. Seeker

Seeker Woods Bum Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Not down here... I was in NY on vacation from 27 Jun-10 July, but it rained the whole friggin' time... I pulled my ATV off my lease a few weeks ago, when I got back, because it's too hot even to just ride (seriously. I almost got heatstroke just riding around in the 95* heat in early June... had to stop and lay in the shade for an hour to clear my head).

I'm headed back to NY on Saturday for a bit... will stop by Fort Drum to look at a job there (they have a position, just not funded til August or September), but don't want to move if I can help it. But while up there, near the 'Dacks, I plan on spending a long weekend out in the new canoe. Later, my BiL, a scoutmaster, is doing a 50-Miler Hike with his troop, and I volunteered to be an additional adult leader, at least for 3 days/2 nights. Looking forward to both trips.

When I get back, I hope to get my deer camera going on the lease... Bow Season starts in September... can't believe it's almost time again! whoohoo!

3. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    I have been limited to going out to the MS river and dinking around out there. Managed to get stuck the first time in about ten years yesterday. It was fun getting it out. We have hung the hammocks a few times for naps and such but haven't stayed the night in a while. Planting food plots and getting ready for deer season up at my parent's place in MS.

4. 9dawgs

9dawgs Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Not down here in Central Florida. It's been too hot, too wet and too many dang mosquitoes. If I want to donate blood I'll go to the Red Cross! :>) It ain't so bad out on the water though. Just need to find the time...scallop season is here and they're calling my name!