How'd you guys do for snow last night?

Discussion in 'Nevada' started by kairo, Feb 10, 2019.

1. kairo

kairo Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    We got just over a foot about 10 miles N of Reno. Nothing like an hour of shoveling the driveway to start off a Sunday on the right foot. sheesh.

NevadaBlue likes this.
  2. Roamer

Roamer Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Whiteout conditions here in Ely right now. Just started up a little over an hour ago and the car's already buried in the driveway. Snowing hard and likely to continue into the night.

How about you, @NevadaBlue ?

NevadaBlue likes this.
  3. kairo

Blog Posts:
    Ok, I've had enough. I'm tired of shoveling. Spring can arrive now please.

NevadaBlue likes this.
  4. NevadaBlue

NevadaBlue —- Roughian #7 -— --- Graybeard -— Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    @$%$ g^&^%@*29 @*&%(#

And besides, it is snowing again. I have graded our driveway/parking areas 4 times in the last 7 days plus the street in front of the house and the neighbor’s driveway. :rolleyes: I am sick of moving snow. We had quite a bit of melting in the middle of last week, but we still have about two feet of snow on the ground. And, it is snowing AGAIN. I suppose we need the water but I am sick of moving snow. Think I will go into the crawlspace and hibernate... :oops:

Did someone say snow? :eek:

And, I broke the winch cable that lifts the snow plow on the RTV. A square knot worked... sigh. Then I got out the tractor and moved snow. Moved snow moved snow moved snow moved snow...

Lichen likes this.
  5. Roamer

Roamer Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Yep, and now we have more snow and subzero overnight temps hitting again. So different from last winter.

6. kairo

Blog Posts:
    Snowed again at my house this afternoon on March 6th. Was talking to my folks north of Seattle and they got snow today as well. It's been an odd winter for the West. Mild till mid Feb and then dumped on. I actually got stuck in Cali last week for a couple of days. Was down for a meeting and they closed I-80 for nearly 3 days into Reno. Ended up doing an end run to Hwy 50 and beating the avalanche controls East of Placerville.

Coming home up 395 through Carson there were a bunch of semi trucks upturned on the side of the road. The wind was wicked in the few days I was gone.

Odd winter.

Some of the other sales guys wanted to take my vehicle to an event one evening and I told them I didn't have room. When I travel over the passes in winter, my truck has enough stuff in it that if I'm stuck for a week I'll be ok. Sleeping bags, food, water, a tent, all my "get home" gear. They're all Cali guys and couldn't figure out why the hell someone would pack all that stuff for a 2 hour drive over the mountains.

Welp, I've been stuck before for a day on a "2 hour drive over the mountains" If I'm ever stuck again, I'll at least be comfortable.

Roamer likes this.