1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

IBS sufferers...HELP

Discussion in 'Bush Medicine' started by RangerJoe, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Monabnojer

Monabnojer Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I've done' special diets gluten, all organic etc etc. Some of it worked well but it's a complicated for me to keep up. The Bone broth was what has worked best and is the simplest thing I've run across. Foulwind please let us know how it goes. I haven't run into anyone who it hasn't helped yet. BTW your name made me laugh, especially since we're on the topic of IBS. :18:

2. castle22

castle22 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    To the people who've been drinking bone broth, anyone have a recipe they like? This is probably the first home remedy I've run across for IBD/IBS that I've yet to try out. I made some this week boiling two lbs of beef bones in about 2 qts water, added some onion, garlic, thyme and salt to taste. Just had a cup and it tasted pretty good...we'll see how the guts take it. If nothing else it's got plenty of protein.

3. Foulwind

Foulwind Guide

Blog Posts:
    In the Redwoods, Santa Cruz Mountains, CA.
    As of late, were doing a lot more veggies in meals, and I'm sure there adding to my gas releases throughout the night. However, my wife termed that phrase to me one day after a SBD release she happened to walk through:54:
    That term stuck since then (About a year before I joined this site.)

4. Foulwind

Foulwind Guide

Blog Posts:
    In the Redwoods, Santa Cruz Mountains, CA.
    No updates available on outcome of bone broth use in the Foulwind house. I will post with results when wife determines them.

5. Monabnojer

Monabnojer Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I use chicken broth but flavor it with soy sauce, grated ginger, siracha, and sesame oil. If making soup them all the above with mushrooms green onions 1 tbs vinegar and chicken or pork slivers. Also good with egg and egg noodles.

6. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
  7. Red Ochre

Red Ochre Guide

Blog Posts:
    Mastic Gum tablets cured my H. Pylori and IBS symptoms.
    Bleeding ulcers in my stomach...

Fast for 24 hours before you start.

Look into Mastic Gum. It was a real life saver for me and dirt cheap.

WisconsinEric and GotTheCrohns like this.
  8. Swarvegorilla

Swarvegorilla Scout

Blog Posts:

Depending where you live..... could bushcraft some plantain!

Harper likes this.
  9. bojon01

bojon01 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Look into Florajen 3! You will be glad you did and it helped me and many others. Seems too simple but give it a try. You can go to their site and find a close location to your home. There are others here who tried it and said it fixed them as well. Lots of prayers led me to this I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Swarvegorilla

Swarvegorilla Scout

Blog Posts:
    OK so this might not be popular advice, seeing as how no one posted anything about it.

Thats probably because its new, and due to society taboo seen as unmentionable?

Fecal microbiota transplant - Wikipedia

But the best current way we have of restoring a healthy digestive tract flora/fauna is to transplant one from some one with one and put it in someone without one.
    This is hard science, and the only thing limiting the growth of the industry is finding HEALTHY DONORS. That is, people who have not annihilated their good guys with antibiotics and incorrect diet.

We know what causes "leaky gut" now, and we know how to fix it.
    Restore the good guys, then feed them the food they eat each day (fibre) so you maintain an even high population of them.

If you have lost your multiple good species ecosystem, then its simple that you want them back. This is a very promising method with a very high success rate.
    Most probiotics are like you throwing birdseed into a forest expecting it to dominate...... thats not quite how nature works.

If you can handle a detailed read on this, and want plenty of sources and entertaining science, the book 10% Human is worth checking out.

My advice if yer guts are making yer life miserable is to ask your doc about it as an option.
    I aint a doc so no idea if its right for you, but put the option out there and see what they say.

I found a veggie juice a day was enough fibre for me, so didnt need to take suppliments.

11. wiwoodsman

wiwoodsman Tracker

Blog Posts:
    My vote is using natural probiotics to restore gut health. Kimchi, sauerkraut, fermented foods, etc. I wish you the best!

12. wiwoodsman

wiwoodsman Tracker

Blog Posts:
    My girlfriend's aunt had this procedure and it was a success.

Swarvegorilla likes this.
  13. Hotdogs2

Hotdogs2 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Joe,
    I feel your pain... literally. Processed foods jack me up big time but the ibs is almost unnoticeable when I eat right.
    Ask your dr to prescribe you some dicyclomine. It's a gut antispasmodic. A few days of that and a whole bunch of soluble fiber set me straight again.

14. Swarvegorilla

Swarvegorilla Scout

Blog Posts:
    I really thought I had totally killed what was a vibrant and educational thread with my post. But yea, I know of a few people now that have long term cured IBS with it.
    Screw being worried about social stigma, when the potential for good health is real.

wiwoodsman likes this.
  15. VICARY

VICARY Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I've been battling IBS for 30 years, since I was 19. During this time, I've tried everything. The only thing that really worked with me are antianxiolytics and antispasmodics. With my pills I can have a sort of normal life. If you have IBS, visit a doctor, they are the only ones that can really help us.