If you're waiting on a package from Badger Claw Leatherworks….

Discussion in 'Badger Claw Leatherworks' started by badger claw, Jan 5, 2016.

1. badger claw

badger claw Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    ..chances are it got returned to me today. Had a nice little surprise in my mail box today…

12 packages that were sent out this last week, returned because they were all apparently 1-2oz under weight and needed more postage paid.

Yes….ONE OUNCE….on a First Class package thats like $.23!! I even round up every package and ounce or more just to be safe. I checked every package on my scale again and apparently the USPS has a more precise scale then i do, or they don't like when i drop off 15-20 packages at a time. Ya sucks to have to do your job i guess. Anyway…i have repackaged each one and am making a late night run across town to drop them off so they go out first thing tomorrow. At least half of the packages were for people here on BCUSA….i apologize guys, i hate not keeping on schedule with when i say an order will be done.

I appreciate your patience and again I'm sorry for the delays!

-john

2. Brommeland

Brommeland Scout

Blog Posts:
    I can relate. Adventures with USPS are one of the reasons that I'm on BP meds....

3. Vanitas

Vanitas Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Yeah dono what is up with them. We have sent bulk letters and had them returned to us because someone at the post office didn't know about the $0.01 per letter discount when you are sending bulk mail.

Also had them hold one of my packages in a sorting facility in NH for the better part of a week... there is a sorting facility 30 minutes from my house in MA so I don't know why it went 2 hours north east before being sent out to the west coast.

4. Trackerfiend

Trackerfiend Guide

Blog Posts:
    That sucks, oh well stuff happens.
    Hold on ladies and gents, I'm sure your packages will arrive shortly.
    Good on you John for keeping everyone updated.

5. roadwarrior

roadwarrior Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    John my sheath came in with a small amount of postage due. I don't care but it may effect other deliveries.

6. badger claw

badger claw Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I started using the a different post office (one right at our airport thats a major hub) I guess they run things a little different then my local office. Shoot me a PM with the amount so i can paypal it to you, thanks!

7. Zaveral

Zaveral Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    I work for the post office and that is what they are supposed to do. Send them on, postage due without any delays.

8. Alpha6

Alpha6 Scout

Blog Posts:
    This is the quote of the day. I can relate to this, lol.

9. Ratdog

Ratdog Scout

Blog Posts:
    My package arrived in time for Christmas and was gifted to the nephew. Many thanks!!

10. roadwarrior

roadwarrior Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    No need all of are dealings have been great. Thanks

11. The Bruce

The Bruce Scout

Blog Posts:
    You should see my local post office. It's a wonder how so many people can do such bad work and not be held accountable. If I ship anything of real value I take it to the next town over.

12. Geoff Randall

Geoff Randall Guide

Blog Posts:
    When it comes to shipping via USPS, I always use the Priority Mail boxes. "If it fits, it ships", and it's $5.90 for the small box...protects contents (I really do hate when I get something sent in a flimsy envelope and get charged the same for a boxed Priority Mail), insured for $50.00, and typically arrives in 2 to 3 days; takes the guesswork out of postage costs or errant home scales.

13. R_W

R_W Guide

Blog Posts:
    Been there, done that. It seems "postal accurate scale" means something else to them than it does to us. Took packages in and had them weighed at the post office, only to have them returned from the sorting facility because they gained an ounce or two between the two postal scales!

I have caught them running the scale not tared out or extra packages leaning across the corner of the scale. Or just flat out wrong. Their scales get used and abused.

14. badger claw

badger claw Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Problem is most sheaths wont fit in a small flat rate box after its wrapped up. Yet they only weigh 6 oz +/- which First Class mail in most cases is around $3 plus gives a tracking number and gets there usually the same or a day later then priority . Going up to a medium flat rate is too big plus 4 times to cost. I want to make the total cost as economical as possible (without risking a damaged product obviously) and never gouge customers on shipping costs. Although, after you spend an hour and a half a day just printing labels, packaging items, buying tape and packing supplies...you see why places charge it as "shipping and HANDLING". At least I can do it from home and not have to wait in line at the post office! And my website does give multiple options for shipping so if someone wants to pay more then they have can.

15. Mr. Tettnanger

Mr. Tettnanger Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the update!

16. Primeval

Primeval Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    No worries and thanks for the heads up. :dblthumb:

17. PoPo

PoPo Scout

Blog Posts:
    Got my flask! Thanks .... Well worth usps wait!