In need of a good two day hike/camp location in Oh,PA,KY,wv or Illinois

Discussion in 'Outings, Trips & Expeditions' started by LEOwoodsman, May 8, 2019.

1. LEOwoodsman

LEOwoodsman Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    As the title says, looking for suggestions on fun location to take a two night camp at either in Ohio (home state) or surrounding areas. Prefer a good bit of isolation and hiking in the area with limited other people around. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

2. Enzo

Enzo Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Allegheny National Forest. Was just there this last weekend, it’s the perfect time to be there.

The place is huge, and the restrictions are very low. All bushcraft activities are allowed, like harvesting wood and plant life, making fire, building structures, etc.

Look at some topographical maps of whatever area you’re wanting to go to. Chart a route that will take you significantly off-trail and find yourself a spot to set up camp. You won’t see anyone else the whole time. I usually go about a mile or so off-trail on my own route, and I’ve never seen or heard anyone out there.

3. LEOwoodsman

LEOwoodsman Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Going to take this trip Sept 20/21 for a two nighter. Looking forward to the trip!