Inexpensive, light Thrower of good quality (C8 design)

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by MarkusFlash, May 18, 2017 at 10:12 AM.

1. MarkusFlash

MarkusFlash Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Having a thrower is a big plus in the outdoors. If you do not wan't to invest in a rather big, heavy thrower the time tested C8 design is one of your best options. They come from different manufacturers (i.e. Ultrafire, Convoy, Thorfire) and represent one of the early design lineages of Chinese lights with high powered LEDs. Most C8's are throwers although some older models are flooders with orange peel reflectors.

A C8 is powered by a single 18650 cell (some may also take two CR123A) and has a big head with a nice reflector. It is easy to mod them and get any sort of spare part, sometimes you can even exchange parts between C8 lights from different manufacturers. They are light, sturdy, simple and dissipate heat very well.

[​IMG]

I have made a brief review video oft the Thorfire C8S thrower which is a good example of a recent high quality C8 light:

I have operated 2x Thorfire C8S for more than a year now, always under challenging circumstances outdoors i.e. as headlights on my mountainbike. They work flawless.