1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Karesuando Knife

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by glen1100, Feb 18, 2012.

1. glen1100

glen1100 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I thought I would pass on some information on the Karesuando Carbon Boar knife. The knife as it was shipped to me was useless, it was the dullest/ poorly ground knife I have ever owned The bevel was uneven to the point that sharpening was not possible,and it was saber ground with a terrible secondary bevel. I contacted the company that sold the knife to me, they said I had to return it to Karesuando. I tried several times to contact them and in 6 months no reply.
    That is the bad, now the good. I had the knife reground to a true scandi, and now its one of my favorite knives. The heat treatment and edge retention is excellent, the handle is very comfortable and the sheath is well made. I think this is a good knife, but the shape it was in as delivered I can't recommend it, If the maker or the seller would have stood behind their product I might believe I got a lemon. I wasn't expecting to much but for a $130.00 it should have at least been usable. The photos are after the repair

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  2. Raider197500

Raider197500 Guide

Blog Posts:
    good to know.... glad it worked out for you in the end

3. IamLegend

IamLegend Supporter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Hate to hear of your problems. That's a good looking blade though.

4. glen1100

glen1100 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    It turned out to be a very good knife. I tried to buy it from Ragnar's, but he doesn't ship to Canada, I think if he did I wouldn't of had the problem

5. anubis1335

anubis1335 Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    For $130 it better be perfect imo. Looks like a great knife (looks like a brusletto to me). Thanks for the honest review