Kenwood wool blanket - Would you buy on a budget?

Discussion in 'Sleep Systems' started by ozarkhunter, Jul 12, 2018.

1. ozarkhunter

ozarkhunter Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I found a "vintage" Kenwood Famous all wool blanket (made in Canada) that has never been used or cleaned. It was stored in the factory bag and has no wear, stains or damage.
    I can't afford to spend a chunk of money to buy higher end/better known wool blankets. Hoping to pick this one up for around $50 - Queen sized - 76"x90". Anyone have an idea of a reasonable price?

Bobsdock and Red Ochre like this.
  2. Red Ochre

Red Ochre Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Kenwood wool blankets are high quality.
    Vintage = Better in almost all cases.
    Your getting a super deal for $50 if it's brand new.

Have any pics?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    WisconsinEric and Bobsdock like this.
  3. rlm

rlm Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Just a thought, I pick these and similar blankets up all the time for $10 to $12 at thrift shops. I even saw a nice Hudson Bay point blanket at a yard sale for $20 a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how common they are in your area, but maybe worth a look if you're on a budget like myself. Robert

ozarkhunter, Bobsdock and Red Ochre like this.
  4. ozarkhunter

ozarkhunter Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I managed to find a small, lightweight Fairbault wool blanket about a year ago for $2 at a thrift store locally. First and last one I have seen around here. I look for them any time I am in a thrift store. I have asked my wife to keep an eye out at yard sales. I'll have to show her some to help her know what I am looking for. Here in Arkansas they don't seem to be as prevalent, likely due to winters not being severe for the most part. We do good to get 1 decent snowfall per year. Decent being a few inches that seldom hangs around more than a couple of days.

Red Ochre likes this.